Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Snake problem

Could someone please explain me the [B]snake movement[/B] stuff that is shown everywhere. I tried to understand it and then to write something similiar but i failed in it. My snake is just standing and doesn't move.

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : Could someone please explain me the [B]snake movement[/B] stuff that is shown everywhere. I tried to understand it and then to write something similiar but i failed in it. My snake is just standing and doesn't move.
    :
    [blue]The snake is an array of cells - or list of cells. Every cell contains the coordinates from screen. Now, to move a snake you have to do the following:

1. Detach the last node (a tail) of a snake
    2. Paint that node with a screen empty color (erase tail)
    3. Change the coordinates of a detached node to be a head node. Use the direction of a snake and current head coordinates.
    4. Attach the new head of a snake
    5. Paint that head with a snake color or pattern[/blue]
  • shaxshax Member Posts: 2
    download my snake program Snake version 1.0. my id is shax. i guess you can understand that program and solve your problem. it is only around 100 lines. do tell me how the game is and rate my game.
    Sharath