Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

SQL ASP

I am currently designing a website which has a search function on the front page. This search function is based on drop-down menus and utilises Javascript to search through arrays, which are sent with the web page.
i.e. The user selects from the first menu which populates the second menu with only options related to the selection. The user then selects from the second menu which populates the third menu. User's then finally select from the third menu and press submit which sends the information to an asp page for processing.

My ASP page processes the application by querying an MS Access database using SQL.

Does anybody have any ideas on what the query should be, to take the information from the drop-down menus in the previous page and use this to search the DB and find the available product(s)???

If this question is not for this messageboard then I apologise and I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Comments

• ssvasanssvasan Member Posts: 101
    : I am currently designing a website which has a search function on the front page. This search function is based on drop-down menus and utilises Javascript to search through arrays, which are sent with the web page.
    : i.e. The user selects from the first menu which populates the second menu with only options related to the selection. The user then selects from the second menu which populates the third menu. User's then finally select from the third menu and press submit which sends the information to an asp page for processing.
    :
    : My ASP page processes the application by querying an MS Access database using SQL.
    :
    : Does anybody have any ideas on what the query should be, to take the information from the drop-down menus in the previous page and use this to search the DB and find the available product(s)???
    :
    : If this question is not for this messageboard then I apologise and I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.
    :

Hello,

When you submit your HTML form, the informations you selected from the options will be available in the Request Object. You ultimately designed three list. Then create a SELECT statement that will locate the requirement information on the DB. As like below.

----------
    ----------

opt1 = Request.Form("menu1")
    opt2 = Request.Form("menu2")
    opt3 = Request.Form("menu3")
    ----------
    ----------

SELECT * FROM tab1 where col1 = opt1 and col2 = opt2 and col3 = opt3

If you have informations in multiple table means you can use join conditions to locate the required information. u not clear with my answer post again.

- SRINI.

• ssvasanssvasan Member Posts: 101
    : : I am currently designing a website which has a search function on the front page. This search function is based on drop-down menus and utilises Javascript to search through arrays, which are sent with the web page.
    : : i.e. The user selects from the first menu which populates the second menu with only options related to the selection. The user then selects from the second menu which populates the third menu. User's then finally select from the third menu and press submit which sends the information to an asp page for processing.
    : :
    : : My ASP page processes the application by querying an MS Access database using SQL.
    : : Does anybody have any ideas on what the query should be, to take the information from the drop-down menus in the previous page and use this to search the DB and find the available product(s)???
    : : If this question is not for this messageboard then I apologise and I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.
    :
    :
    Hello,

When you submit your HTML form, the informations you selected from the options will be available in the Request Object. You ultimately designed three list. Then create a SELECT statement that will locate the requirement information on the DB. As like below.

----------
    ----------

opt1 = Request.Form("menu1")
    opt2 = Request.Form("menu2")
    opt3 = Request.Form("menu3")
    ----------
    ----------

SELECT * FROM tab1 where col1 = opt1 and col2 = opt2 and col3 = opt3

If you have informations in multiple table means you can use join conditions to locate the required information. u not clear with my answer post again.