Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Help! School Project

mlambiemlambie Member Posts: 3
I am working on a project in school and was wondering if you might have some insight for me. To tell you the truth I am not quite sure where to start with this. My group is making a program called the Page turner. I guess you could say it is very similar to adobe acrobat. Ideally it will read, write, and display files as a book. One program will create and edit the files while the other will strictly display them. In both cases they are to be displayed as a physical book. The program will also animate flipping through pages. In addition we would like to add features such as sticky tabs for book marking, graphics support and the ability to scribble notes over each page. I suppose we are going to do this with layers, but unfortunately I have no graphics programming experience. I realize that I will have to learn a great deal to finish this project. I just need to know where to go with it and how to start.
I am not sure if I should use ActiveX or DirectX or something else. Or if I should do it in 2D or 3D, or if I should use some graphics engine from the net. We are programming the windows interface in MFC for a win 32 API for win 95/98. Any help you could throw my way or even any one you know that could help would be greatly appreciated. I thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Michael Lambie