Remote NetBIOS access - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Remote NetBIOS access

bpajkbpajk Posts: 156Member
I am working on a NetBIOS based communication tool, that will work not only in LAN, but also in WAN (Internet). For LAN we have units, but for accessing shares over the internet I don't have nothing. I know that NetBIOS uses TCP and UDP protocols for communication and ports: 137 udp, 138 udp, 139 ftp. I have some documentation and sources about NetBIOS and FTP protocol, but I don't know the sequence of the commands, or structure of the packages (records). If anyone has worked on this before, I would be wery grateful for any help on this subject.

Comments

• zxc999zxc999 Posts: 32Member
    : I am working on a NetBIOS based communication tool, that will work not only in LAN, but also in WAN (Internet). For LAN we have units, but for accessing shares over the internet I don't have nothing. I know that NetBIOS uses TCP and UDP protocols for communication and ports: 137 udp, 138 udp, 139 ftp. I have some documentation and sources about NetBIOS and FTP protocol, but I don't know the sequence of the commands, or structure of the packages (records). If anyone has worked on this before, I would be wery grateful for any help on this subject.
    :
    :
    :
    I worked on a NetBIOS based communication tool , but I had a similar expirience. So I want to know more than NetBIOS in WAN and NetBIOS in TP. If you have some good documentation and sources about NetBIOS please send them to me. E-mail: [email protected]
  • ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : I am working on a NetBIOS based communication tool, that will work not only in LAN, but also in WAN (Internet). For LAN we have units, but for accessing shares over the internet I don't have nothing. I know that NetBIOS uses TCP and UDP protocols for communication and ports: 137 udp, 138 udp, 139 ftp. I have some documentation and sources about NetBIOS and FTP protocol, but I don't know the sequence of the commands, or structure of the packages (records). If anyone has worked on this before, I would be wery grateful for any help on this subject.

Sorry, but as far as I know NetBIOS is a non-routable protocol, so its not suitable for use in a wide area network.
  • zxc999zxc999 Posts: 32Member
    : : I am working on a NetBIOS based communication tool, that will work not only in LAN, but also in WAN (Internet). For LAN we have units, but for accessing shares over the internet I don't have nothing. I know that NetBIOS uses TCP and UDP protocols for communication and ports: 137 udp, 138 udp, 139 ftp. I have some documentation and sources about NetBIOS and FTP protocol, but I don't know the sequence of the commands, or structure of the packages (records). If anyone has worked on this before, I would be wery grateful for any help on this subject.
    :
    : Sorry, but as far as I know NetBIOS is a non-routable protocol, so its not suitable for use in a wide area network.
    :
    At first it was non-routable protocol. But later they have made it routable.
  • ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : : : I am working on a NetBIOS based communication tool, that will work not only in LAN, but also in WAN (Internet). For LAN we have units, but for accessing shares over the internet I don't have nothing. I know that NetBIOS uses TCP and UDP protocols for communication and ports: 137 udp, 138 udp, 139 ftp. I have some documentation and sources about NetBIOS and FTP protocol, but I don't know the sequence of the commands, or structure of the packages (records). If anyone has worked on this before, I would be wery grateful for any help on this subject.
    : :
    : : Sorry, but as far as I know NetBIOS is a non-routable protocol, so its not suitable for use in a wide area network.
    : :
    : At first it was non-routable protocol. But later they have made it routable.
    :

Ahh I got two things confused. Its netbeui that isnt routable. So if you use NetBIOS over netbeui it isnt routable, but using tcp/ip or ipx/spx it is.
  • bpajkbpajk Posts: 156Member
    But what about file sharing in Windodows 9x systems. You can access the shared items thoroughout WAN. How would I do this in pascal using sockets.