Remote NetBIOS access - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Remote NetBIOS access

bpajkbpajk Posts: 156Member
I am working on a NetBIOS based communication tool, that will work not only in LAN, but also in WAN (Internet). For LAN we have units, but for accessing shares over the internet I don't have nothing. I know that NetBIOS uses TCP and UDP protocols for communication and ports: 137 udp, 138 udp, 139 ftp. I have some documentation and sources about NetBIOS and FTP protocol, but I don't know the sequence of the commands, or structure of the packages (records). If anyone has worked on this before, I would be wery grateful for any help on this subject.

Comments

• zxc999zxc999 Posts: 32Member
    : I am working on a NetBIOS based communication tool, that will work not only in LAN, but also in WAN (Internet). For LAN we have units, but for accessing shares over the internet I don't have nothing. I know that NetBIOS uses TCP and UDP protocols for communication and ports: 137 udp, 138 udp, 139 ftp. I have some documentation and sources about NetBIOS and FTP protocol, but I don't know the sequence of the commands, or structure of the packages (records). If anyone has worked on this before, I would be wery grateful for any help on this subject.
    :
    :
    :
    I worked on a NetBIOS based communication tool , but I had a similar expirience. So I want to know more than NetBIOS in WAN and NetBIOS in TP. If you have some good documentation and sources about NetBIOS please send them to me. E-mail: [email protected]
  • ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : I am working on a NetBIOS based communication tool, that will work not only in LAN, but also in WAN (Internet). For LAN we have units, but for accessing shares over the internet I don't have nothing. I know that NetBIOS uses TCP and UDP protocols for communication and ports: 137 udp, 138 udp, 139 ftp. I have some documentation and sources about NetBIOS and FTP protocol, but I don't know the sequence of the commands, or structure of the packages (records). If anyone has worked on this before, I would be wery grateful for any help on this subject.

Sorry, but as far as I know NetBIOS is a non-routable protocol, so its not suitable for use in a wide area network.
  • zxc999zxc999 Posts: 32Member
    : : I am working on a NetBIOS based communication tool, that will work not only in LAN, but also in WAN (Internet). For LAN we have units, but for accessing shares over the internet I don't have nothing. I know that NetBIOS uses TCP and UDP protocols for communication and ports: 137 udp, 138 udp, 139 ftp. I have some documentation and sources about NetBIOS and FTP protocol, but I don't know the sequence of the commands, or structure of the packages (records). If anyone has worked on this before, I would be wery grateful for any help on this subject.
    :
    : Sorry, but as far as I know NetBIOS is a non-routable protocol, so its not suitable for use in a wide area network.
    :
    At first it was non-routable protocol. But later they have made it routable.
  • ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : : : I am working on a NetBIOS based communication tool, that will work not only in LAN, but also in WAN (Internet). For LAN we have units, but for accessing shares over the internet I don't have nothing. I know that NetBIOS uses TCP and UDP protocols for communication and ports: 137 udp, 138 udp, 139 ftp. I have some documentation and sources about NetBIOS and FTP protocol, but I don't know the sequence of the commands, or structure of the packages (records). If anyone has worked on this before, I would be wery grateful for any help on this subject.
    : :
    : : Sorry, but as far as I know NetBIOS is a non-routable protocol, so its not suitable for use in a wide area network.
    : :
    : At first it was non-routable protocol. But later they have made it routable.
    :

Ahh I got two things confused. Its netbeui that isnt routable. So if you use NetBIOS over netbeui it isnt routable, but using tcp/ip or ipx/spx it is.
  • bpajkbpajk Posts: 156Member
    But what about file sharing in Windodows 9x systems. You can access the shared items thoroughout WAN. How would I do this in pascal using sockets.