Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How To Unrar

D4anielD4aniel Member Posts: 10
Hello,
How do i Unrar in linux? i see that the format ahs to be: unrar filename.rar.
I have downloaded crossoveroffice for linux (so i can get rid of windows once and for all), it is compressed with rar, i do not know how to ubnrar. I have downloaded the unrar programm.
Another question. I don't yet quite know how to handle *.rar, *.tar, *.whatever files. The only thing that is no problem is the *.rpm files. Is there a website anybody know where the most usual commands for these (or other) file types are listed?
Many thanks,
Daniel

Comments

• jeweljewel Member Posts: 52
    : Hello,
    : How do i Unrar in linux? i see that the format ahs to be: unrar filename.rar.
    : I have downloaded crossoveroffice for linux (so i can get rid of windows once and for all), it is compressed with rar, i do not know how to ubnrar. I have downloaded the unrar programm.
    : Another question. I don't yet quite know how to handle *.rar, *.tar, *.whatever files. The only thing that is no problem is the *.rpm files. Is there a website anybody know where the most usual commands for these (or other) file types are listed?
    : Many thanks,
    : Daniel
    :
    download this:
    http://www.rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-3.0.tar.gz

extract this way:

tar xvzf rarlinux-3.0.tar.gztar xvzf && cd rar

then, run urar like this;

./unrar e file.rar