HELP...Closing ports?

Is there any function that lets you close off ports?

Comments

• : Is there any function that lets you close off ports?
    :
    what kind of ports do you mean? I don't think you can shut down the I/O ports (such as the ones in your hosts file) on your computer via a program.
  • No, just the tcp/udp remote ports. Firewall kinda thing.
  • : No, just the tcp/udp remote ports. Firewall kinda thing.
    :

I was wondering that myself, but I believe you need to use a non-standard library to accomplish the task. Try http://winpcap.polito.it for a decent library that should accomplish what you want.
    [italic][blue]Programming is like kids... One mistake and you have to support it for life[/blue][/italic]

• But what if I'm under Linux? WinPcap is only for win32 platforms. Do you know of any resource files that include a function for doing this?
  • : But what if I'm under Linux? WinPcap is only for win32 platforms. Do you know of any resource files that include a function for doing this?
    :

Linux has some standard headers, and of course that you can look into, otherwise try searching for "libpcap, the well known Unix capture library."

[italic][blue]Programming is like kids... One mistake and you have to support it for life[/blue][/italic]