Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Mosfet's Liquid and Mandrake 9.0

D4anielD4aniel Member Posts: 10
Hello, I have been heaving problems all over with using Linux. First used Redhat 7.? and graphics were not good. Than i got SuSE 7.3, great, BUT soundcard was recognized, but dit not work. Now I have Mandrake 9.0, everything works and worked from the get-go. I want to install Mosfet's Liquid engine, because it looks so damn good. BUT, apparently Mandrake doesn't handle 3rd party KDE-packages well (or somehting like that, forgive me, i am a new user to linux).
Can anybody please tell me how to get Liquid up and running in Mandrake 9.0?
Hoping for a quick reply
DAniel

Comments

• abcabc Member Posts: 443
    : Hello, I have been heaving problems all over with using Linux. First used Redhat 7.? and graphics were not good. Than i got SuSE 7.3, great, BUT soundcard was recognized, but dit not work. Now I have Mandrake 9.0, everything works and worked from the get-go. I want to install Mosfet's Liquid engine, because it looks so damn good. BUT, apparently Mandrake doesn't handle 3rd party KDE-packages well (or somehting like that, forgive me, i am a new user to linux).
    : Can anybody please tell me how to get Liquid up and running in Mandrake 9.0?
    : Hoping for a quick reply
    : DAniel
    :

look for the tarball, or the source rpm and compile it yourself

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/3/srodzaj/2/search/kde-theme-mosfet-liquid-0.9.5-4.src.rpm