Opening a link in the same window - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Opening a link in the same window

ITAITA Posts: 463Member
I have created a menu with buttons on it to go on a web page. However when I tried to put links onto the buttons using the URl in the Character dialogue it stopped my rollovers working when I moved the mouse over the text. I tried using the GetURL command but this caused the page to open in a new window. I used the _self command. Does anyone know how to open the link in the same window? Maybe using a command like _parent? Please help.Many thanks.

ITA :-)

Comments

• JonavisJonavis Posts: 4Member
    : I have created a menu with buttons on it to go on a web page. However when I tried to put links onto the buttons using the URl in the Character dialogue it stopped my rollovers working when I moved the mouse over the text. I tried using the GetURL command but this caused the page to open in a new window. I used the _self command. Does anyone know how to open the link in the same window? Maybe using a command like _parent? Please help.Many thanks.
    :
    : ITA :-)
    :
    -----------------------------------------
    Hi ITA,
    From what your saying, I asume that the correct commando to open a link in the same page (asuming that you dont have the page divided in frames) would be:

on(release){
    getURL("yourfile.html:, "_self");
    }

let me know if this works or if you need anymore help.

see ya,
    Jon