Opening a link in the same window - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Opening a link in the same window

ITAITA Posts: 463Member
I have created a menu with buttons on it to go on a web page. However when I tried to put links onto the buttons using the URl in the Character dialogue it stopped my rollovers working when I moved the mouse over the text. I tried using the GetURL command but this caused the page to open in a new window. I used the _self command. Does anyone know how to open the link in the same window? Maybe using a command like _parent? Please help.Many thanks.

ITA :-)

Comments

• JonavisJonavis Posts: 4Member
    : I have created a menu with buttons on it to go on a web page. However when I tried to put links onto the buttons using the URl in the Character dialogue it stopped my rollovers working when I moved the mouse over the text. I tried using the GetURL command but this caused the page to open in a new window. I used the _self command. Does anyone know how to open the link in the same window? Maybe using a command like _parent? Please help.Many thanks.
    :
    : ITA :-)
    :
    -----------------------------------------
    Hi ITA,
    From what your saying, I asume that the correct commando to open a link in the same page (asuming that you dont have the page divided in frames) would be:

on(release){
    getURL("yourfile.html:, "_self");
    }

let me know if this works or if you need anymore help.

see ya,
    Jon