Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

CodePedia code not interpreted in search previews

[b][red]This message was edited by blip at 2003-1-17 14:43:17[/red][/b][hr]
Sorry to bother you again, but I was doing a search and I noticed this. It's at the end of http://www.programmersheaven.com/search/search_all.asp
after searching for xt.

Comments

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    That's correct, I don't render the search results as that would be quite complicated to implement. The problem is that I only display the first 2-3 lines of the codepedia content.

For example if the top of the page is [leftbr]code[rightbr] and then I cut the page so that the closing [leftbr]/code[rightbr] is not included,then the entire page would be corrupted as there's no closing tag to render.

Of course I could try to strip-out all the tags entirely, and that something that I will try to implement.

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

• blipblip Posts: 756Member
    I wouldn't mind the tag stripping, but it's really hard to read the preview with them in the way. Thanks!
  • WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    I will add the removal of the tags in the preview to my "ToDo" list.

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]