Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Transparent form????? How????

MTyMTy Member Posts: 30
Hi everybody!

I want to know how to make a form (Delphi 5 Enterprise) transparent. I want the form to work like glass that you are able to see everything behind it

Can someone pleas help me
Thanx

MTy

Comments

• bloodyangelbloodyangel Member Posts: 23
    : Hi everybody!
    :
    : I want to know how to make a form (Delphi 5 Enterprise) transparent. I want the form to work like glass that you are able to see everything behind it
    :
    : Can someone pleas help me
    : Thanx
    :
    : MTy
    :

Hi, I am using Delphi6 and Forms have a property named AlphaBlend. lower values provide more transparency.I do not remember whether Delphi5 includes this property or not.
  • MTyMTy Member Posts: 30
    : : Hi everybody!
    : :
    : : I want to know how to make a form (Delphi 5 Enterprise) transparent. I want the form to work like glass that you are able to see everything behind it
    : : Can someone pleas help me
    : : Thanx
    : : MTy
    :
    : Hi, I am using Delphi6 and Forms have a property named AlphaBlend. lower values provide more transparency.I do not remember whether Delphi5 includes this property or not.
    :

Thank you bloodyangel but I already found a code that works perfecly
    but you (or someone else) could help me with this:

I have made a form transparent but when I put a transparent image in the form, the image will only be transparent down to the background of the form and not all the way down to the desktop can you help me with this, if you understand what I just wrote (I'm not sure I understand it myself hehe :D)
  • pak77pak77 Member Posts: 28
    : : : Hi everybody!
    : : :
    : : : I want to know how to make a form (Delphi 5 Enterprise) transparent. I want the form to work like glass that you are able to see everything behind it
    : : : Can someone pleas help me
    : : : Thanx
    : : : MTy
    : : Hi, I am using Delphi6 and Forms have a property named AlphaBlend. lower values provide more transparency.I do not remember whether Delphi5 includes this property or not.
    :
    :
    : Thank you bloodyangel but I already found a code that works perfecly
    : but you (or someone else) could help me with this:
    :
    : I have made a form transparent but when I put a transparent image in the form, the image will only be transparent down to the background of the form and not all the way down to the desktop can you help me with this, if you understand what I just wrote (I'm not sure I understand it myself hehe :D)
    :

What code are using to make the form transparent. If i place a simple bitmap on a form and set its transparent property to true then using the forms 'on activate' event i write the code:

Form1.Brush.Style:= bsClear;

This allows me to see right through to the desktop. The only problem is if the form is moved for whatever reason. The "image" of the desktop when you started the prog does not change.

Hope this helps!