Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Error: Specified SQL Server Not Found

WerdemWerdem Posts: 5Member
Hello everybody,
I just installed SQL Server 7.0. But when i want to register a sql server it gives an error: specified SQL server not found. How can i add or create (i don't know) a sql server...

Thanks now..

Comments

• paulj59paulj59 Posts: 420Member
    : Hello everybody,
    : I just installed SQL Server 7.0. But when i want to register a sql server it gives an error: specified SQL server not found. How can i add or create (i don't know) a sql server...
    :
    : Thanks now..
    :
    :

Is it Started?
  • WerdemWerdem Posts: 5Member
    : : Hello everybody,
    : : I just installed SQL Server 7.0. But when i want to register a sql server it gives an error: specified SQL server not found. How can i add or create (i don't know) a sql server...
    : :
    : : Thanks now..
    :
    : Is it Started?
    :

Yes, it started, and i can open enterprise manager. But when i want to register a server it gives an error.
    But i anyway installed for a server, why it is asking me a server. It have been a server, isn't it?
  • paulj59paulj59 Posts: 420Member
    : : : Hello everybody,
    : : : I just installed SQL Server 7.0. But when i want to register a sql server it gives an error: specified SQL server not found. How can i add or create (i don't know) a sql server...
    : : :
    : : : Thanks now..
    : : Is it Started?
    :
    : Yes, it started, and i can open enterprise manager. But when i want to register a server it gives an error.
    : But i anyway installed for a server, why it is asking me a server. It have been a server, isn't it?
    :

"Server" means a running SQL Server.
    If its running on your computer you can enter your computer name, or "(local)" or "127.0.0.1"

SQL Server registration failed because of failure displayed below. Do you wish to Register anyway?

Specified SQL Server not found
    ConnectionOpen(CreateFile())

I tried all of what you said. But it gave this error. If i say yes it creates a server, but it does't work.

: : : : Hello everybody,
    : : : : I just installed SQL Server 7.0. But when i want to register a sql server it gives an error: specified SQL server not found. How can i add or create (i don't know) a sql server...
    : : : :
    : : : : Thanks now..
    : : : Is it Started?
    : : Yes, it started, and i can open enterprise manager. But when i want to register a server it gives an error.
    : : But i anyway installed for a server, why it is asking me a server. It have been a server, isn't it?
    :
    : "Server" means a running SQL Server.
    : If its running on your computer you can enter your computer name, or "(local)" or "127.0.0.1"
    :
    :

• Anjuna MoonAnjuna Moon Posts: 89Member
    Have you entered the server-information in the Client Network Utility and set the protocol to TCP/IP? (Assuming it uses TCP/IP)

: Have you entered the server-information in the Client Network Utility and set the protocol to TCP/IP? (Assuming it uses TCP/IP)
    :
    :

I think, my problem is operating system and cd which includes SQL server 7.0. I'll try to new cd, and MS Win2000 Server. I have asked another forums about this subject. And some of them said "Maybe you must change your OS or sql server cd".

Thanks everybody. If i can achieve this problem i'd write here.
    : Have you entered the server-information in the Client Network Utility and set the protocol to TCP/IP? (Assuming it uses TCP/IP)
    :
    :

Hello,
    I have been thought my problem is my operating system during i installed win2000 server. But I have seen the problem is my SQL cd. So i installed Destop Edition. And now it is working well.

Thanks for your suggestions and helps