Calling a jscript file - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Calling a jscript file

ITAITA Posts: 463Member
I would like to call a menu link js file that I have created. Please could u give me the command and a small source code example. Many Thanks

ITA :-)

Comments

• ai.unitai.unit Posts: 81Member
    i couldnt understand what you want exactly.. could you rephrase that?

: I would like to call a menu link js file that I have created. Please could u give me the command and a small source code example. Many Thanks
    :
    : ITA :-)
    :

• ITAITA Posts: 463Member
    : i couldnt understand what you want exactly.. could you rephrase that?
    :

I have created a separate javascript file from my web page. In the web page source code I would like to call this file so that it will operate as part of the page. The idea is to try and remove a lot of the javascript in the tags. This is needed for search engine optimisation. Many thanks.

ITA :-)
  • ai.unitai.unit Posts: 81Member
    OK, that's easy :-)
    use something like this:
    [code]

blah blah blah

[/code]

the *.js files should be avaialable as text files on your web, and they contain pure java code. just java code, no html!
    this works exactly as if you have put the contents of the file between the tags.

good luck!

: : i couldnt understand what you want exactly.. could you rephrase that?
    : :
    :
    : I have created a separate javascript file from my web page. In the web page source code I would like to call this file so that it will operate as part of the page. The idea is to try and remove a lot of the javascript in the tags. This is needed for search engine optimisation. Many thanks.
    :
    : ITA :-)
    :