What Dll to use??? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

What Dll to use???

Hi...

I thought some of you guys might know what API, Dll, whatever, to use to generate a blue(or black) screen of death.

Might be funny as a screensaver...

Jannich Brendle, Denmark

Comments

• pingpongpingpong Posts: 937Member
    It's funny, someone else did it already though :)
    www.sysinternals.com

: Hi...
    :
    : I thought some of you guys might know what API, Dll, whatever, to use to generate a blue(or black) screen of death.
    :
    : Might be funny as a screensaver...
    :
    : Jannich Brendle, Denmark
    :

• gunnargunnar Posts: 50Member
    : It's funny, someone else did it already though :)
    : www.sysinternals.com
    :
    : : Hi...
    : :
    : : I thought some of you guys might know what API, Dll, whatever, to use to generate a blue(or black) screen of death.
    : : Might be funny as a screensaver...
    : : Jannich Brendle, Denmark
    :
    :

Well, thanks, but I don't want a emulated (or simulated) BSOD, I want to control the real thing, ie. what errorcode, what files(if any), what text and so on!!!
  • pingpongpingpong Posts: 937Member
    I dont know. The sysinternals thing is not fake though, the information displayed is pulled straight from your machine, a network admin friend of mine couldnt tell the difference.

Does printf("") still generates a BSOD in NT/2k?

: : It's funny, someone else did it already though :)
    : : www.sysinternals.com
    : : : Hi...
    : : :
    : : : I thought some of you guys might know what API, Dll, whatever, to use to generate a blue(or black) screen of death.
    : : : Might be funny as a screensaver...
    : : : Jannich Brendle, Denmark
    :
    : Well, thanks, but I don't want a emulated (or simulated) BSOD, I want to control the real thing, ie. what errorcode, what files(if any), what text and so on!!!
    :

• gunnargunnar Posts: 50Member
    I don't know, but it sure don't make anything in ME...
    I don't have NT or 2k, so I can't check it...

: I dont know. The sysinternals thing is not fake though, the information displayed is pulled straight from your machine, a network admin friend of mine couldnt tell the difference.
    :
    : Does printf("") still generates a BSOD in NT/2k?
    :
    : : : It's funny, someone else did it already though :)
    : : : www.sysinternals.com
    : : : : Hi...
    : : : :
    : : : : I thought some of you guys might know what API, Dll, whatever, to use to generate a blue(or black) screen of death.
    : : : : Might be funny as a screensaver...
    : : : : Jannich Brendle, Denmark
    : : Well, thanks, but I don't want a emulated (or simulated) BSOD, I want to control the real thing, ie. what errorcode, what files(if any), what text and so on!!!
    :
    :