Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Is there any limitations for File size in HtmlInputFile Control?

rookie76rookie76 Posts: 4Member
Hi

If any one knows about this just help me out quickly, i am not able to upload a file above 4MB of size using HtmlInputFile control, is there any restriction in size. Please let me know

Regards
Arun

Comments

• iwilld0itiwilld0it Posts: 1,134Member
    : Hi
    :
    : If any one knows about this just help me out quickly, i am not able to upload a file above 4MB of size using HtmlInputFile control, is there any restriction in size. Please let me know
    :
    : Regards
    : Arun
    :

There should be no limit on the file-size, but i must warn u that u may have to raise the ScriptTimeout for very large uploads. Also its not very scalble idea to try to upload large files because you will slow the server down. However, if the website isn't used by large audience or for internal use, then that is not an issue.
  • neosensaneosensa Posts: 2Member
    Not true. Yes, there most certainly is a limit on file size. It's nicely hidden in the machine.config file. Within the section there is a "httpRuntime" node. It should start out something like:

That way I still limit the posts on all my other pages.

Hope this helps.
    -neosensa-

: : Hi
    : :
    : : If any one knows about this just help me out quickly, i am not able to upload a file above 4MB of size using HtmlInputFile control, is there any restriction in size. Please let me know
    : : Regards
    : : Arun
    :
    : There should be no limit on the file-size, but i must warn u that u may have to raise the ScriptTimeout for very large uploads. Also its not very scalble idea to try to upload large files because you will slow the server down. However, if the website isn't used by large audience or for internal use, then that is not an issue.
    :

• rookie76rookie76 Posts: 4Member
    Hi neosensa,

Thanks for your inputs, offcourse your idea works

Regards
    Arun

: Not true. Yes, there most certainly is a limit on file size. It's nicely hidden in the machine.config file. Within the section there is a "httpRuntime" node. It should start out something like:
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : That way I still limit the posts on all my other pages.
    :
    : Hope this helps.
    : -neosensa-
    :
    :
    : : : Hi
    : : :
    : : : If any one knows about this just help me out quickly, i am not able to upload a file above 4MB of size using HtmlInputFile control, is there any restriction in size. Please let me know
    : : : Regards
    : : : Arun
    : : There should be no limit on the file-size, but i must warn u that u may have to raise the ScriptTimeout for very large uploads. Also its not very scalble idea to try to upload large files because you will slow the server down. However, if the website isn't used by large audience or for internal use, then that is not an issue.
    :
    :

• neosensaneosensa Posts: 2Member
    Glad it worked for you!
    Take care,
    ~Neosensa

: Hi neosensa,
    :
    : Thanks for your inputs, offcourse your idea works
    :
    : Regards
    : Arun
    :
    :
    : : Not true. Yes, there most certainly is a limit on file size. It's nicely hidden in the machine.config file. Within the section there is a "httpRuntime" node. It should start out something like:
    : : That way I still limit the posts on all my other pages.
    : : Hope this helps.
    : : -neosensa-
    : : : : Hi
    : : : :
    : : : : If any one knows about this just help me out quickly, i am not able to upload a file above 4MB of size using HtmlInputFile control, is there any restriction in size. Please let me know
    : : : : Regards
    : : : : Arun
    : : : There should be no limit on the file-size, but i must warn u that u may have to raise the ScriptTimeout for very large uploads. Also its not very scalble idea to try to upload large files because you will slow the server down. However, if the website isn't used by large audience or for internal use, then that is not an issue.
    :
    :