Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.
i am working on a wiki (something like CodePedia here) and try to support this with a bit client-sided code to increase the overall usability and to decrease the things the server has to do himself.
That are some problems i run into:
- open a new empty window and directly write a (html) page in it
- position a div exactly above another tag
- bring a div in front of all others regardless of its parents
- change the way links are executed in the whole page (eg. add a string to the href)
- a check to display a message only once, especially if the user hits reload and the page is reloaded from the cache
Help would be very much appreciated, if there is a way to solve this problems in a browser independent way.
If you are additionally sold on the wiki idea i would be very happy to leave the client side to you in this non-profit, likely to be soon open-source little project.
Please mail me at [email protected]
or visit http://www.wakkawiki.com/
(the wiki implementation i started upon) and leave me a line on my page (my handle there is ErusUmbrae too)
and here you can find the first wiki ever: http://c2.com/cgi/wiki
a good reference to the whole idea with a very Spartanic interface.
0 · ·