Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Memo component with canvas

AessaAessa Member Posts: 35
I want a memobox on which I can draw lines between the ... lines of text. I've already created a not so working WM_PAINT procedure, but the text wipes out the canvas as it is input.
(I don't want to underline the text with font underline, but every fourth line.)

Aessa

Comments

• mew520mew520 Member Posts: 8
    : I want a memobox on which I can draw lines between the ... lines of text. I've already created a not so working WM_PAINT procedure, but the text wipes out the canvas as it is input.
    : (I don't want to underline the text with font underline, but every fourth line.)
    :
    : Aessa
    :

Try a RichEdit

Matt
  • AessaAessa Member Posts: 35
    : : I want a memobox on which I can draw lines between the ... lines of text. I've already created a not so working WM_PAINT procedure, but the text wipes out the canvas as it is input.
    : : (I don't want to underline the text with font underline, but every fourth line.)
    : :
    : : Aessa
    : :
    :
    : Try a RichEdit
    :
    : Matt
    :

I have. I put a controlcanvas on it and it works fine - but I had to refrain from chaning the font style. The code needed to check the lineheights when font goes italic or bold is just not worth the effort. What happens is, when the font changes to italic, somewhere in the paint process a line is a pixel higher than assumed. After many font changes, you get lines bigger than the cursor which look very corrupt.
    So I just change the color of the font.

Aessa