Where does IE keep the AutoComplete?!!? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Where does IE keep the AutoComplete?!!?

You know when you type in an address or a search string, and you have autocomplete (or autoappend, can't remember which it is), and the next time it pops up in a little selection box? Well I'm writing a little app, and I want to be able to get at the place where IE keeps these strings. I've looked in the registry but I'm either looking in the wrong place, or it doesn't say.

Can anyone tell me where the file is? Or where to find it in the registry? Or its name?

Comments

• bikibiki Posts: 492Member
    [green]If you need the file and want to parse it in DOS, the files you should look for are index.dat (in various directories) and maybe mm256 or mm2048.
    To parse the autocomplete entries using the WinAPI, use functions from WININET.DLL : FindFirstUrlCacheEntry, DeleteUrlCacheEntry etc.
    [/green]
    [hr][red]~Bikram[/red]