Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

A comman question regarding Programming Practice

I have been switching from one language to the other and am quite confused as to which one should I take next. I have learned C++, and latter turned my attention towards java. But in the country where I live, jave is no more hot anymore, most of the project here in the city are of ASP or VB. Now days I have just started learning C# but I am confused if I should concentrate only on it, or would I have to go into visual C as well? Because I can see that one can do windows programming in C# as well, but can one soley depend on it? for example if we are talking about OpenGL or directX for that matter we have do definitly go through visual C as we have to generate windows and work through them, hence the use of vc code. what would you guys like to suggest. And please also comment on the fact if learning COM would be a wasted effort or not. Even though such questions are considered dum, these days there are so many tools in the market that one cannot help but become confused.
[b][italic][size=2][blue]Only Human[/blue][/size=2][/italic][/b] :-)

Comments

• rajesh_baburajesh_babu Posts: 5Member
    : I have been switching from one language to the other and am quite confused as to which one should I take next. I have learned C++, and latter turned my attention towards java. But in the country where I live, jave is no more hot anymore, most of the project here in the city are of ASP or VB. Now days I have just started learning C# but I am confused if I should concentrate only on it, or would I have to go into visual C as well? Because I can see that one can do windows programming in C# as well, but can one soley depend on it? for example if we are talking about OpenGL or directX for that matter we have do definitly go through visual C as we have to generate windows and work through them, hence the use of vc code. what would you guys like to suggest. And please also comment on the fact if learning COM would be a wasted effort or not. Even though such questions are considered dum, these days there are so many tools in the market that one cannot help but become confused.
    : [b][italic][size=2][blue]Only Human[/blue][/size=2][/italic][/b] :-)
    : Hi..
    This is the confusion facing by almost all who are desperate to become an IT professional....As per my personal experiance, I confused a lot in writing C++ programs after I learnt Java....and now I am working in .NET.....eventhough concepts are same among all languages...it is very difficult to remember sytax and semantics of each language....So I suggest you not keep legs on many boats....It is better to continue in Java by learning J2EE stuff if U feel very much comfortable with Java or U can learn .NET (in this case no need to learn COM as it may become outdated in the near future ) which is very comfortable for developers with lotz of advantages......Wish U A Bright career ....

• gummadilligummadilli Posts: 33Member
    : I have been switching from one language to the other and am quite confused as to which one should I take next. I have learned C++, and latter turned my attention towards java. But in the country where I live, jave is no more hot anymore, most of the project here in the city are of ASP or VB. Now days I have just started learning C# but I am confused if I should concentrate only on it, or would I have to go into visual C as well? Because I can see that one can do windows programming in C# as well, but can one soley depend on it? for example if we are talking about OpenGL or directX for that matter we have do definitly go through visual C as we have to generate windows and work through them, hence the use of vc code. what would you guys like to suggest. And please also comment on the fact if learning COM would be a wasted effort or not. Even though such questions are considered dum, these days there are so many tools in the market that one cannot help but become confused.
    : [b][italic][size=2][blue]Only Human[/blue][/size=2][/italic][/b] :-)
    :

• gummadilligummadilli Posts: 33Member
    : : HI Friend This is Satya
    Please tell me where u from??i am also in your situation...pls contact me gummadilli@yahoo.com