C with database

Hi there,
Is it possible if I want to create the application from C which could connect to database (MySQL and Oracle). Or is anyone know which web could give me some knowlage about this ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• You can connect to Oracle database with Pro*C .

Read and try this:

http://www.orafaq.com/faqscrpt.htm#PROC

If you have questions , just ask.

Cheers
    [italic]"We must work in team, or we die"[/italic]
    - The single dead guy WWII.

• : Hi there,
    : Is it possible if I want to create the application from C which could connect to database (MySQL and Oracle). Or is anyone know which web could give me some knowlage about this ?
    :
    : Thanks in advance
    :
    Hi,

Yes it is possible to connect to an oracle / mysql database. For oracle
    you need the 'proc' precompiler which can be found in your $ORACLE_HOME/bin directory. If not, you have to install the oracle precompilers. In de $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo directory you can find some examples.

regards Johan
  • Hi
    visit the MySQL's home page and search for MySQL C API. You can also find it in MySQL manual under section 8.4. You have to install the required header files and libraries. If you are using a Linux (or ather UNIX based) system, RPM disributions of MySQL do not include required libraries and header files. Get the tar.gz packages! And don't forget using the "-lmysqlclient" option of GCC (I always forget :) )...

: Hi there,
    : Is it possible if I want to create the application from C which could connect to database (MySQL and Oracle). Or is anyone know which web could give me some knowlage about this ?
    :
    :

• : Hi there,
    :
    :

Regarding Oracle:
    Dont use Pro*C unless you're a big fan of bloated code.
    Go directly with OCI (Oracle Call Interface) or perhaps even OCCI which is an object-oriented wrapper for OCI and without a doubt the best solution. The OCCI API is very similar to Java's database connectivity approach (ResultSet, Statement etc..).