ASP .NET file upload - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

ASP .NET file upload

rookie76rookie76 Posts: 4Member
Hi,

I know that we can use the tag tag for uploading file .

Currently the method that i am following is as follows:

Now my requirement is to hide the browse button (file button) and make it fire on click of another button or image. I am able to do this but the file doesn't get upload.
There is a conflict in using client side controls and server controls.
On click of the button or image i am able to invoke the File browse controls and iam able to select the file but how to proceed invoking the serverclick procedure "attach()". This is my question.

In short i want to know whether i can customize the appearance of File button. I don't want the text box in the file control to be visible.

Is there any way ?
If anyone could guide me thro, as soon as possible it will be helpful

thank you

Comments

• rajesh_baburajesh_babu Posts: 5Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I know that we can use the tag tag for uploading file .
    :
    : Currently the method that i am following is as follows:
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : Now my requirement is to hide the browse button (file button) and make it fire on click of another button or image. I am able to do this but the file doesn't get upload.
    : There is a conflict in using client side controls and server controls.
    : On click of the button or image i am able to invoke the File browse controls and iam able to select the file but how to proceed invoking the serverclick procedure "attach()". This is my question.
    :
    : In short i want to know whether i can customize the appearance of File button. I don't want the text box in the file control to be visible.
    :
    : Is there any way ?
    : If anyone could guide me thro, as soon as possible it will be helpful
    :
    : thank you
    :
    :
    :
    Hi...
    If attach() is a javascript function and since u r using button as a server side control,I think U can use Button1.attributes.add("onclick","attach()") in the Page_Load event of Code_Behind file...
    Let me know if it gets worked...

rgrds,
    rajesh...

• rookie76rookie76 Posts: 4Member
    Thanks for the reply, i will check and let you know. BTW is there any limitation in HtmlInputFile control regarding the size of the file that can be uploaded. please give inputs to me on this regard.

thanks

Regards
    Arun

: : Hi,
    : :
    : : I know that we can use the tag tag for uploading file .
    : : Currently the method that i am following is as follows:
    : : Now my requirement is to hide the browse button (file button) and make it fire on click of another button or image. I am able to do this but the file doesn't get upload.
    : : There is a conflict in using client side controls and server controls.
    : : On click of the button or image i am able to invoke the File browse controls and iam able to select the file but how to proceed invoking the serverclick procedure "attach()". This is my question.
    : : In short i want to know whether i can customize the appearance of File button. I don't want the text box in the file control to be visible.
    : : Is there any way ?
    : : If anyone could guide me thro, as soon as possible it will be helpful
    : : thank you
    : Hi...
    : If attach() is a javascript function and since u r using button as a server side control,I think U can use Button1.attributes.add("onclick","attach()") in the Page_Load event of Code_Behind file...
    : Let me know if it gets worked...
    :
    : rgrds,
    : rajesh...
    :
    :