Acquiring UserDomainName and ComputerDomainName [Win 9x and NT] - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Acquiring UserDomainName and ComputerDomainName [Win 9x and NT]

Hi there.

I have been trying to find a way to acquire the UserDomainName and ComputerDomainName of currently logged on users. So far, I have found the System.Environment.UserDomainName unhelpful, as it only shows the domain name the user is logged into, and is only supported by Windows NT platforms.

What I really need to know is A) where the UserDomainName and ComputerDomainName is stored and B) how to get at it.

Many thanks to anyone who can help!

-----

Andy Kimbrey - Agile-IT

mailto:[email protected]

Comments

• Andy KimbreyAndy Kimbrey Posts: 8Member
    I have recently found that these characteristics are stored on the primary domain controller of the network and not actually stored anywhere on the computer.

: Hi there.
    :
    : I have been trying to find a way to acquire the UserDomainName and ComputerDomainName of currently logged on users. So far, I have found the System.Environment.UserDomainName unhelpful, as it only shows the domain name the user is logged into, and is only supported by Windows NT platforms.
    :
    : What I really need to know is A) where the UserDomainName and ComputerDomainName is stored and B) how to get at it.
    :
    : Many thanks to anyone who can help!
    :
    : -----
    :
    :
    : Andy Kimbrey - Agile-IT
    :
    : mailto:[email protected]
    :
    : ICQ:78749520
    :