publishing web site on LAN - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

publishing web site on LAN

how can i make a web site (index.html) in my computer to be publish on LAN? it's like when somebody enter my computer name; \deus or my IP address in the browser address bar, then the web site (index.html) will be displayed on his/ her browser. thanks

Comments

• SuperChrisJSuperChrisJ Posts: 3Member
    : how can i make a web site (index.html) in my computer to be publish on LAN? it's like when somebody enter my computer name; \deus or my IP address in the browser address bar, then the web site (index.html) will be displayed on his/ her browser. thanks
    :
    deus, please let me know when you get an answer to this. I was trying to do the same thing just the other day. I will let you know if I come up with the answer first.
  • deusdeus Posts: 45Member
    : : how can i make a web site (index.html) in my computer to be publish on LAN? it's like when somebody enter my computer name; \deus or my IP address in the browser address bar, then the web site (index.html) will be displayed on his/ her browser. thanks
    : :
    : deus, please let me know when you get an answer to this. I was trying to do the same thing just the other day. I will let you know if I come up with the answer first.
    :
    i already got the answer=p since i'm using winxp pro, i use my installer disc to install these optional feature. it called internet information services. i believe the latest one is 5.1. but if you are using other than win xp, go to microsoft web sites n search for personal web services or peer (something that i've forgotten=p). note that no such service for win xp home edition. good luck!