Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

publishing web site on LAN

how can i make a web site (index.html) in my computer to be publish on LAN? it's like when somebody enter my computer name; \deus or my IP address in the browser address bar, then the web site (index.html) will be displayed on his/ her browser. thanks

Comments

• SuperChrisJSuperChrisJ Posts: 3Member
    : how can i make a web site (index.html) in my computer to be publish on LAN? it's like when somebody enter my computer name; \deus or my IP address in the browser address bar, then the web site (index.html) will be displayed on his/ her browser. thanks
    :
    deus, please let me know when you get an answer to this. I was trying to do the same thing just the other day. I will let you know if I come up with the answer first.
  • deusdeus Posts: 45Member
    : : how can i make a web site (index.html) in my computer to be publish on LAN? it's like when somebody enter my computer name; \deus or my IP address in the browser address bar, then the web site (index.html) will be displayed on his/ her browser. thanks
    : :
    : deus, please let me know when you get an answer to this. I was trying to do the same thing just the other day. I will let you know if I come up with the answer first.
    :
    i already got the answer=p since i'm using winxp pro, i use my installer disc to install these optional feature. it called internet information services. i believe the latest one is 5.1. but if you are using other than win xp, go to microsoft web sites n search for personal web services or peer (something that i've forgotten=p). note that no such service for win xp home edition. good luck!