Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

debugger acts strange with ASP.NET

rwbean86rwbean86 Posts: 7Member
My VS debugger acts weird when I step through my ASP.NET codebehind page. It steps out of conditional blocks before it's supposed to. It enters conditional blocks that it isn't supposed to. Given the following code my debugger steps over all four lines of code:

if(LockOutCookie != null)
iNumTrysLeft = 0;//user is locked out
if(LockOutCookie == null)
iNumTrysLeft = 4;//let user log in

I can't help but think that VS hasn't rebuilt some project data file which tells the debugger how to step through my project. Values in my watch window aren't set right when they are stepped over; instead they are set later. Exceptions aren't thrown as I step over the lines that throw them they are thrown on the next line.

The code seems to work ok, but this is a really, really annoying problem which is causing me a lot of extra work.