Program for Z86E04 - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Program for Z86E04

Is there anyone would to share a sample code for programming this kind of microprocessor particularly in C language? I'm new to embedded development but I know how C works. It would greatly help me alot. I'll be doing a billboard where the microprocessor will handle the display of 12 8x5 matrix led display. Also the data to be displayed will come from the pc's printer port. I know how to send data through it but I don't have knowledge if there's need for timing with the microprocessor because I will be sending a string of chars. to be be displayed on the billboard. Your advice will greatly help me alot. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• XSGauthierXSGauthier Posts: 13Member
    : Is there anyone would to share a sample code for programming this kind of microprocessor particularly in C language? I'm new to embedded development but I know how C works. It would greatly help me alot. I'll be doing a billboard where the microprocessor will handle the display of 12 8x5 matrix led display. Also the data to be displayed will come from the pc's printer port. I know how to send data through it but I don't have knowledge if there's need for timing with the microprocessor because I will be sending a string of chars. to be be displayed on the billboard. Your advice will greatly help me alot. Thanks in advance.
    :

interfacing to the parallel port is a very simple task. if you are interested i have developped a very simple system to interface microcontrollers to parallel printer ports. It uses a 75 cents shift register and only 3 pins of your favorite microcontroller.

I would recommend you to use assembly language because of its compactness and speed of execution.