Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

cgi-for webpage

beckbeck Posts: 3Member
ok. lost chixor here. I tried to do python cgi, one problem, i dont know how to make it work. Do you have to have a program to download to make it work or sumin? can you just use a shell that supports python to make it work?. This is what i did:

1. Wrote the script
2. Saved it in filename.py
3. ./filename.py no such file or directory. GRR!. i'm so pissed. >=(

can someone help me? ok thanks alot for all

ok bye :)

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : ok. lost chixor here. I tried to do python cgi, one problem, i dont know how to make it work. Do you have to have a program to download to make it work or sumin? can you just use a shell that supports python to make it work?. This is what i did:
    :
    : 1. Wrote the script
    : 2. Saved it in filename.py
    : 3. ./filename.py no such file or directory. GRR!. i'm so pissed. >=(
    :
    : can someone help me? ok thanks alot for all

I've never done cgi, but I imagine the webserver would need to be set up to support python scripts. Check with your admin.
  • infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : ok. lost chixor here. I tried to do python cgi, one problem, i dont know how to make it work. Do you have to have a program to download to make it work or sumin? can you just use a shell that supports python to make it work?. This is what i did:
    :
    : 1. Wrote the script
    : 2. Saved it in filename.py
    : 3. ./filename.py no such file or directory. GRR!. i'm so pissed. >=(
    :
    : can someone help me? ok thanks alot for all
    :
    : ok bye :)

Ok, now I've done Python CGI so I might be able to help. You need to make sure that you put the script in a directory that the server knows is for CGI scripts. You also need to make sure the server knows how to run Python scripts. You also need to make sure the script is executable. But let's start with the basics, which http server are you using?

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]