Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Help!.....Oracle 7.2 and VB connectivity

sumedhsumedh Member Posts: 103
i've got an Oracle 7.2 database (yeah i know, pretty old!)......
whenever i try to connect to it through VB, i get the following error message popup:

[code]
Application C:PROGRAM FILESMICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIOVB98VB6.EXE is attempting to call the OCI function .
This function does not exist in ORA72.DLL
Exit this application?
[/code]

If i press the 'NO' button the application works perfectly. But i dont want the above message to come up, 'cause i have to show the software in a presentation.

btw, i'm using the Microsoft ADO Control 6.0 and a DSN to communicate with the Oracle DB.

ne ideas....??
tks. everybody
[hr]
[purple]
[b]there is no [red]spoon[/red]...
[/b]
[purple]

Comments

• Ara_camAra_cam Member Posts: 37
    Have you tried using an ON ERROR statement to trap whatever is crashing the system?

Or installing a newer client on the machine running the program. Even a 7.3 client works (I started using Oracle with version 7.3 and Visual Basic 4).

I do know that a newer client will talk to older database engines (or vice versa).

: i've got an Oracle 7.2 database (yeah i know, pretty old!)......
    : whenever i try to connect to it through VB, i get the following error message popup:
    :
    : [code]
    : Application C:PROGRAM FILESMICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIOVB98VB6.EXE is attempting to call the OCI function .
    : This function does not exist in ORA72.DLL
    : Exit this application?
    : [/code]
    :
    : If i press the 'NO' button the application works perfectly. But i dont want the above message to come up, 'cause i have to show the software in a presentation.
    :
    : btw, i'm using the Microsoft ADO Control 6.0 and a DSN to communicate with the Oracle DB.
    :
    : ne ideas....??
    : tks. everybody
    : [hr]
    : [purple]
    : [b]there is no [red]spoon[/red]...
    : [/b]
    : [purple]
    :