Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

grafix mode glitch

cybersurfercybersurfer Posts: 41Member
my menus have a glitch where the sud-menu shows parts of the main menu.
i.e the buttons on the main menu show when i access my sub-menu. how di get around this?
can i also switch between grafix mode and text mode effectively?
can i get Turbovision on this site?

Comments

• jasonpsagejasonpsage Posts: 37Member
    : my menus have a glitch where the sud-menu shows parts of the main menu.
    : i.e the buttons on the main menu show when i access my sub-menu. how di get around this?
    : can i also switch between grafix mode and text mode effectively?
    : can i get Turbovision on this site?
    :
    I'm not sure what you're doing but if you have a hard time getting TurboVision, I may be able to help you. I'm writing a TurboVision Alternative that is based on FreePascal's VIDEO, MOUSE, and KEYBOARD units. I already have an extremely powerful Virtual Console Library (have hundreds of Virtual Screens anysize you want (1x1 to Memory constraints), you can position them, control Z-Order, resize them on the fly - all kinds of stuff. THE HITCH is I get all kinds of platform independancy using FreePascal's KEYBOARD, VIDEO, and MOUSE. I do not think GFX mode can be intertwined with the FreePascal VIDEO unit but I never tried. Let me know if you want to see a demo of what I have so far.
    Jason

• cybersurfercybersurfer Posts: 41Member
    : : my menus have a glitch where the sud-menu shows parts of the main menu.
    : : i.e the buttons on the main menu show when i access my sub-menu. how di get around this?
    : : can i also switch between grafix mode and text mode effectively?
    : : can i get Turbovision on this site?
    : :
    : I'm not sure what you're doing but if you have a hard time getting TurboVision, I may be able to help you. I'm writing a TurboVision Alternative that is based on FreePascal's VIDEO, MOUSE, and KEYBOARD units. I already have an extremely powerful Virtual Console Library (have hundreds of Virtual Screens anysize you want (1x1 to Memory constraints), you can position them, control Z-Order, resize them on the fly - all kinds of stuff. THE HITCH is I get all kinds of platform independancy using FreePascal's KEYBOARD, VIDEO, and MOUSE. I do not think GFX mode can be intertwined with the FreePascal VIDEO unit but I never tried. Let me know if you want to see a demo of what I have so far.
    : Jason
    :
    :
    :that would be cool!
    send it.
    c'surfer

• jasonpsagejasonpsage Posts: 37Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by jasonpsage at 2002-12-3 23:0:41[/red][/b][hr]
    Let me know if you want to see a demo of what I have so far.
    : : Jason
    : :that would be cool!
    : send it.
    : c'surfer
    :
    :

OK...I've uploaded it to this site (as of 2002-12-03 though it wasn't available here but it will be) Search For "SAGEAPI" - I'll try to send it directly to you Cyber Though! :)
    Jason

(P.S. I tried to mail it to you but I was unable) You will have to wait until the programmerheaven people get it online. It has two demos, one for the SageUI (User interface I'm working on...a work in progress but it looks pretty good so far) and one for the Virtual Console Unit. I think you'll like it - use the mouse in the console demo options 3 and 4 and try to click the Virtual Consoles as they fly by, you'll see them get marked with "X"'s where you click and they will retain that as they fly around (did that to demo how they each have thier own allocated memory and work well) When you look at the SageUI demo (userinterface) just remember as you look at that the Virtual Console is the base that that is all developed on:) I hope they put it online soon here so you can see it! :)
    Jason