Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Action Script

hello friends,
I've got a quetion or maybe two:
How can I process input text to a variable? I mean I have a textarea, made it to an input field and have called it funk .
Now I want funk to become a variable and make an operation funk+300

I've a feeling that it isn't that easy in Flash, isn't it? I mean if x^2 is put into the textarea, does Flash understand I want to have a variable x quadrated? Then also a problem occures that the value of x should be taken from a for loop where x is the used variable.

If someone aks why I want this to do: I try to make a flash movie that draw line graphs

I hope you could understand what I mean. If not please tell me and I'll take more time to describe my problem.
thx for all answers
Firestorm
fgretz@gmx.de
;-)

Comments

• doctorjugglesdoctorjuggles Posts: 2Member
    : hello friends,
    : I've got a quetion or maybe two:
    : How can I process input text to a variable? I mean I have a textarea, made it to an input field and have called it funk .
    : Now I want funk to become a variable and make an operation funk+300
    :
    : I've a feeling that it isn't that easy in Flash, isn't it? I mean if x^2 is put into the textarea, does Flash understand I want to have a variable x quadrated? Then also a problem occures that the value of x should be taken from a for loop where x is the used variable.
    :
    : If someone aks why I want this to do: I try to make a flash movie that draw line graphs
    :
    : I hope you could understand what I mean. If not please tell me and I'll take more time to describe my problem.
    : thx for all answers
    : Firestorm
    : fgretz@gmx.de
    : ;-)
    :

If you're using Flash6 then there's a Variable entry box in the Properties inspector