Action Script - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Action Script

hello friends,
I've got a quetion or maybe two:
How can I process input text to a variable? I mean I have a textarea, made it to an input field and have called it funk .
Now I want funk to become a variable and make an operation funk+300

I've a feeling that it isn't that easy in Flash, isn't it? I mean if x^2 is put into the textarea, does Flash understand I want to have a variable x quadrated? Then also a problem occures that the value of x should be taken from a for loop where x is the used variable.

If someone aks why I want this to do: I try to make a flash movie that draw line graphs

I hope you could understand what I mean. If not please tell me and I'll take more time to describe my problem.
thx for all answers
Firestorm
[email protected]
;-)

Comments

• doctorjugglesdoctorjuggles Posts: 2Member
    : hello friends,
    : I've got a quetion or maybe two:
    : How can I process input text to a variable? I mean I have a textarea, made it to an input field and have called it funk .
    : Now I want funk to become a variable and make an operation funk+300
    :
    : I've a feeling that it isn't that easy in Flash, isn't it? I mean if x^2 is put into the textarea, does Flash understand I want to have a variable x quadrated? Then also a problem occures that the value of x should be taken from a for loop where x is the used variable.
    :
    : If someone aks why I want this to do: I try to make a flash movie that draw line graphs
    :
    : I hope you could understand what I mean. If not please tell me and I'll take more time to describe my problem.
    : thx for all answers
    : Firestorm
    : [email protected]
    : ;-)
    :

If you're using Flash6 then there's a Variable entry box in the Properties inspector