Help with possible array?

Hi, I would like some help with this problem.

I have three intergers (say 14 16 7).
Question: How to write a program that will change 1, 2, or 3 of the values higher or lower, but the programe should be able to go back to the original values. The 3 intergers should be grouped together.

Then how to, using the above example, do the same for 10, 100, 1000, or more (groups of 3) different values.

P.S. I have a Borland Compiler v. 4.52

Comments

• Hi Emf!

I think you need to use structures! More accurately a structure vector. First of all create a structure data type:

[code]
    struct my_three_ints
    {
    int first,second,third;
    };
    [/code]

After that you can define [italic]struct my_three_ints[/italic] type variables:

[code]
    int main()
    {
    int x=59;
    struct my_three_ints a,vect[4];

a.first=14;
    a.second=16;
    a.third=7;

vect[2].first=1;
    vect[2].second=a.first;
    vect[2].third=x;
    }
    [/code]

In the above example we define two [italic]struct my_three_ints[/italic] variables: [italic]a[/italic] and [italic]vect[/italic]. [italic]a[/italic] is a simple structure [italic]vect[/italic] is a structure vector. As you can see you can access the a structure's [b]members[/b] with the '.' (member) operator.

I think that the example is self explanatory enough to understand how to use the structures.

There is also an alternative solution to your problem: use multi dimensional vectors (matrices).
    Assume that you need 100 values (groups of 3):

[code]
    int main()
    {
    int v[100][3];

// Fill the first group
    v[0][0]=14;
    v[0][1]=16;
    v[0][2]=7;

// Fill the second group
    v[1][0]=1;
    v[1][1]=6;
    v[1][2]=9;

// Fill the third group etc...
    v[2][0]=100;
    v[2][1]=200;
    v[2][2]=300;

}
    [/code]
    Of course you should use a loop for filling the vector with values...

I hope it will help you...

Gabe