Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Homework Assistance

ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
Hey.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've erased a couple posts in the last couple days. It looks like the posters just typed out their homework assignment without making any effort at attempting it on their own.

So if your post was one of the ones deleted, that was probably why. Please try to do the work on your own and only come here if you have specific problems. We're more than happy to help then.

Comments

• ibyiby Posts: 323Member
    : Hey.
    :
    : Just wanted to let everyone know that I've erased a couple posts in the last couple days. It looks like the posters just typed out their homework assignment without making any effort at attempting it on their own.
    :
    : So if your post was one of the ones deleted, that was probably why. Please try to do the work on your own and only come here if you have specific problems. We're more than happy to help then.
    :

Good work Manning :=)
  • opatomopatom Posts: 4Member
    I suppose not everyone is as smart as what you are Manning maybe these people could genuinely need a little help.

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : I suppose not everyone is as smart as what you are Manning maybe these people could genuinely need a little help.

Actually, many of the people who post here are smarter than I am, but that is irrelevant. As I said, I only delete posts of people who do not even attempt to do the work on their own.

Coming here and saying "I have to write a program that does X and Y. I've got feature X done but cant seem to get this part of feature Y to work. Here is my code, can you see anything wrong?" is one thing. Coming here and saying "I have to write a program that does X and Y." and then expecting someone to write the whole thing for them is completely different, and unacceptable behaviour.

Anyway, if you do not agree with that, I am only the moderator of this board. You could always go over my head and lodge a complaint with the owner of Programmer's Heaven. I have a feeling he will feel the same way on the homework issue though.
  • viv.viv. Posts: 72Member
    when do you guys erase post/

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : when do you guys erase post/

The best answer I can give is "when necessary". There is no hard and fast rule, it's a case by case basis.