Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

hacking intrusion

dear programmers, pls i need assistance on a database and unix platform configuration to solve the problem of " security device installation to check hacking intrusion". can anybody solve this! send answers to tessyoncom@yahoo.com

Comments

• gigsvoogigsvoo Member Posts: 328
    : dear programmers, pls i need assistance on a database and unix platform configuration to solve the problem of " security device installation to check hacking intrusion". can anybody solve this! send answers to tessyoncom@yahoo.com
    :
    :

Which distro you are using? There are quite some nice documentations, tutorials as well as articles out there to help securing linux.

[size=2]Neo Gigs[/size]
    [color=blue]http://communities.msn.com.my/VisualBasicwithNeo[/color]

• tessyoncomtessyoncom Member Posts: 3
    sir, i am talking of a unix platform, and u may give me all the available ways on all the distro u know. thanks for ur response sir. hopeing to hear from u soon.

: : dear programmers, pls i need assistance on a database and unix platform configuration to solve the problem of " security device installation to check hacking intrusion". can anybody solve this! send answers to tessyoncom@yahoo.com
    : :
    :
    : Which distro you are using? There are quite some nice documentations, tutorials as well as articles out there to help securing linux.
    :
    :
    : [size=2]Neo Gigs[/size]
    : [color=blue]http://communities.msn.com.my/VisualBasicwithNeo[/color]
    :
    :

>: sir, i am talking of a unix platform, and u may give me all the >available ways on all the distro u know. thanks for ur response sir. >hopeing to hear from u soon.
    >
    >: : : dear programmers, pls i need assistance on a database and unix >platform configuration to solve the problem of " security device >installation to check hacking intrusion". can anybody solve this! send >answers to tessyoncom@yahoo.com

You were saying some sort of security devices that protect you database in a UNIX box right? OK, then a hardware firewall is the best choice you could ever had. On top of that, if you are a system admin, you should know the good practice of maintaining a secure system in many forms on the UNIX box you have. Always get the latest patches or updates from vendor to make sure your UNIX box is under maximum protection.

For more information, goto your type of UNIX box's website and see what security measurement package they can offer you.

[size=2]Neo Gigs[/size]
    [color=blue]http://communities.msn.com.my/VisualBasicwithNeo[/color]

• jeweljewel Member Posts: 52
    : >: sir, i am talking of a unix platform, and u may give me all the >available ways on all the distro u know. thanks for ur response sir. >hopeing to hear from u soon.
    : >
    : >: : : dear programmers, pls i need assistance on a database and unix >platform configuration to solve the problem of " security device >installation to check hacking intrusion". can anybody solve this! send >answers to tessyoncom@yahoo.com
    :
    :
    : You were saying some sort of security devices that protect you database in a UNIX box right? OK, then a hardware firewall is the best choice you could ever had. On top of that, if you are a system admin, you should know the good practice of maintaining a secure system in many forms on the UNIX box you have. Always get the latest patches or updates from vendor to make sure your UNIX box is under maximum protection.
    :
    : For more information, goto your type of UNIX box's website and see what security measurement package they can offer you.
    :
    :
    :
    : [size=2]Neo Gigs[/size]
    : [color=blue]http://communities.msn.com.my/VisualBasicwithNeo[/color]
    :
    :

There are several ways to keep you system secure, ex adding a password to your lilo.conf. Goes like this:

passwd=youpass save and /sbin/lilo
    then chmod 0 /etc/lilol.conf or delete it after backing it up. second, you could use a linux kernel patch. the most two popular are Lids (Linux Intrusion Dectetion System) or Grsec (GrSecurity). Both can be found at www.lids.org and www.grsecurity.org.
    Also, you can run an "file integrity checker" called tripwire. it makes a "hash" of some key-files for you GNULinux system, stores it in a database. examples are /bin/ls /bin/ps and those sorts of things, and configuration files who are not intended to be changed. When you want to chek your system, it compares the database results with the current file hashes, and alerts you if something is wrong. Chek out www.tripwire.org. Manuals can be found via. google.com

-- Jewel
    : : >: sir, i am talking of a unix platform, and u may give me all the >available ways on all the distro u know. thanks for ur response sir. >hopeing to hear from u soon.
    : : >
    : : >: : : dear programmers, pls i need assistance on a database and unix >platform configuration to solve the problem of " security device >installation to check hacking intrusion". can anybody solve this! send >answers to tessyoncom@yahoo.com
    : : You were saying some sort of security devices that protect you database in a UNIX box right? OK, then a hardware firewall is the best choice you could ever had. On top of that, if you are a system admin, you should know the good practice of maintaining a secure system in many forms on the UNIX box you have. Always get the latest patches or updates from vendor to make sure your UNIX box is under maximum protection.
    : : For more information, goto your type of UNIX box's website and see what security measurement package they can offer you.
    : : [size=2]Neo Gigs[/size]
    : : [color=blue]http://communities.msn.com.my/VisualBasicwithNeo[/color]
    :
    :
    :
    : There are several ways to keep you system secure, ex adding a password to your lilo.conf. Goes like this:
    :
    : passwd=youpass save and /sbin/lilo
    : then chmod 0 /etc/lilol.conf or delete it after backing it up. second, you could use a linux kernel patch. the most two popular are Lids (Linux Intrusion Dectetion System) or Grsec (GrSecurity). Both can be found at www.lids.org and www.grsecurity.org.
    : Also, you can run an "file integrity checker" called tripwire. it makes a "hash" of some key-files for you GNULinux system, stores it in a database. examples are /bin/ls /bin/ps and those sorts of things, and configuration files who are not intended to be changed. When you want to chek your system, it compares the database results with the current file hashes, and alerts you if something is wrong. Chek out www.tripwire.org. Manuals can be found via. google.com
    :
    : -- Jewel
    :

Good reply! But should focus on UNIX based since lilo == LinuxLoader.

[size=2]Neo Gigs[/size]
    -----8<-------------------------------