Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

event timer - J2EE

Hi Gurus,

I need to call a bean component to read a database and perform some business logic, at pre-defined intervals of time. This process continues indefinitely. Is there any particular class for this (I do know, our friendly Timer class, but I'm not sure how to call a bean using Timer).

(Un) Wanted Details:
Server: Web Logic 6.1
Database: Cloudscape

Code and links are welcome.. (sample code preferred)

Tia,
Arun
There're only 3 kinds of ppl in this world: those who can add and those who can't - notMe

Comments

• gigsvoogigsvoo Member Posts: 328
    : Hi Gurus,
    :
    : I need to call a bean component to read a database and perform some business logic, at pre-defined intervals of time. This process continues indefinitely. Is there any particular class for this (I do know, our friendly Timer class, but I'm not sure how to call a bean using Timer).
    :
    : (Un) Wanted Details:
    : Server: Web Logic 6.1
    : Database: Cloudscape
    :
    : Code and links are welcome.. (sample code preferred)
    :
    : Tia,
    : Arun
    : There're only 3 kinds of ppl in this world: those who can add and those who can't - notMe
    :

You need more than just a class, probably a EJB will help you, since you are using WLS 6.1, to be more specific the rite bean for you could be SessionBean coz you never mentioned much about DB operations.

[size=2]Neo Gigs[/size]
    -----8<-------------------------------