Deleting a row an item from a datagrid problems?? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Deleting a row an item from a datagrid problems??

jbmarsh80jbmarsh80 Posts: 7Member
Hey everyone,

I am having a problem with a datagrid i set up. I can update the source just fine, but when i go to delete records, i get problems. As long as the primary Keys are in order and do not skip a number, it works fine, but when i add a record, delete it, then add another record, I can't delete the second record. The delete link shows as though it's been clicked before too. I don't know what's causing this problem. Here is the source i am using. Can anyone help??

sub asGrid_Delete(obj as object, e as DataGridCommandEventArgs)
dim strSQL as string = "DELETE FROM tbAvailableSituations _
WHERE asID = " & e.Item.ItemIndex + 1
ExecuteStatement(strSQL)
UpdateDate()
FillasDataGrid()
end sub

' />

Comments

• cvbijucvbiju Posts: 7Member
    : Hey everyone,
    :
    : I am having a problem with a datagrid i set up. I can update the source just fine, but when i go to delete records, i get problems. As long as the primary Keys are in order and do not skip a number, it works fine, but when i add a record, delete it, then add another record, I can't delete the second record. The delete link shows as though it's been clicked before too. I don't know what's causing this problem. Here is the source i am using. Can anyone help??
    :
    : sub asGrid_Delete(obj as object, e as DataGridCommandEventArgs)
    : dim strSQL as string = "DELETE FROM tbAvailableSituations _
    : WHERE asID = " & e.Item.ItemIndex + 1
    : ExecuteStatement(strSQL)
    : UpdateDate()
    : FillasDataGrid()
    : end sub
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : ' />
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

c v Biju

• cvbijucvbiju Posts: 7Member
    Visit this link,
    http://www.aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/080702-1.2.aspx

look for the other parts.It is a multipart document(9 parts) and in one of the part..he has given the correct syntax to delete.

: : Hey everyone,
    : :
    : : I am having a problem with a datagrid i set up. I can update the source just fine, but when i go to delete records, i get problems. As long as the primary Keys are in order and do not skip a number, it works fine, but when i add a record, delete it, then add another record, I can't delete the second record. The delete link shows as though it's been clicked before too. I don't know what's causing this problem. Here is the source i am using. Can anyone help??
    : : sub asGrid_Delete(obj as object, e as DataGridCommandEventArgs)
    : : dim strSQL as string = "DELETE FROM tbAvailableSituations _
    : : WHERE asID = " & e.Item.ItemIndex + 1
    : : ExecuteStatement(strSQL)
    : : UpdateDate()
    : : FillasDataGrid()
    : : end sub
    : : ' />