Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Forms 6i help

gkwgkw Member Posts: 2
Hi,
I'm a total Forms novice and need some basic help. When I run a form I'd like it to be a different size rather than the default. Ideally I'd like it to resize to the size of the browser window (IE) but just large enough so that all the fields can be seen without scrolling would do.
Thanks,

GW

Comments

• MorianoMoriano Member Posts: 11
    : Hi,
    : I'm a total Forms novice and need some basic help. When I run a form I'd like it to be a different size rather than the default. Ideally I'd like it to resize to the size of the browser window (IE) but just large enough so that all the fields can be seen without scrolling would do.
    : Thanks,
    :
    : GW
    :

Hi,

You can change it in two ways:

1.- You can change the size in the property_palette of the window (and the canvas too), changing the WIDTH and HEIGHT properties.

2.- You can do it programaticly by using the next built-ins:
    set_window_property('your_window',window_size,WIDTH,HEIGHT)
    set_window_property('your_canvas',canvas_size,WIDTH,HEIGHT)

• gkwgkw Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for that but that still doesn't change what I want to change. I'm beginning to wonder if it's actually possible.. When I increase window and canvas sizes hte scroll bars allow navigation around a larger area but still the form remains resolutely one size (I guess 800x600). What I would like to increase is the fundamental size of the form so you don't need to scroll around - i.e. the grey area when you initialise the form that contains the menu; window(s); message and scroll bars. Is this possible?!
    Thanks,

GW

: : Hi,
    : : I'm a total Forms novice and need some basic help. When I run a form I'd like it to be a different size rather than the default. Ideally I'd like it to resize to the size of the browser window (IE) but just large enough so that all the fields can be seen without scrolling would do.
    : : Thanks,
    : :
    : : GW
    :
    : Hi,
    :
    : You can change it in two ways:
    :
    : 1.- You can change the size in the property_palette of the window (and the canvas too), changing the WIDTH and HEIGHT properties.
    :
    : 2.- You can do it programaticly by using the next built-ins:
    : set_window_property('your_window',window_size,WIDTH,HEIGHT)
    : set_window_property('your_canvas',canvas_size,WIDTH,HEIGHT)
    :
    :
    :

• MorianoMoriano Member Posts: 11
    Hello again,

The fact is that you have to prove with various sizes till you make the size of the form matches the size of the Forms runtime windows (if you are not runnig the forms on web).
    I actually have forms runnig in a 800x600 resolution enviroment, and works fine (the scrollbars doesn't exists) using the next size on both window and canvas:

Heigth: 600
    Witdh: 375

Hope this helps,

regards

: Thanks for that but that still doesn't change what I want to change. I'm beginning to wonder if it's actually possible.. When I increase window and canvas sizes hte scroll bars allow navigation around a larger area but still the form remains resolutely one size (I guess 800x600). What I would like to increase is the fundamental size of the form so you don't need to scroll around - i.e. the grey area when you initialise the form that contains the menu; window(s); message and scroll bars. Is this possible?!
    : Thanks,
    :
    : GW
    :
    :
    :
    : : : Hi,
    : : : I'm a total Forms novice and need some basic help. When I run a form I'd like it to be a different size rather than the default. Ideally I'd like it to resize to the size of the browser window (IE) but just large enough so that all the fields can be seen without scrolling would do.
    : : : Thanks,
    : : :
    : : : GW
    : : :
    : : Hi,
    : : You can change it in two ways:
    : : 1.- You can change the size in the property_palette of the window (and the canvas too), changing the WIDTH and HEIGHT properties.
    : : 2.- You can do it programaticly by using the next built-ins:
    : : set_window_property('your_window',window_size,WIDTH,HEIGHT)
    : : set_window_property('your_canvas',canvas_size,WIDTH,HEIGHT)
    :
    :