Escape sequences in an edit box... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Escape sequences in an edit box...

Hi,

I'm trying to read a textfile and put it's content in an edit box. But the edit box doesn't understand the escape sequence for a new line, '
'. Instead of a new line some bogus character appears. Some escape sequences work fine, like ' '. What am I doing wrong?

Don't know if this is of importance, but I'm using MSVC++ 6.0, MFC and Win XP.

Thanks for your help!:-)

Comments

• pingpongpingpong Posts: 937Member
    Make sure ES_MULTILINE and ES_WANTRETURN are added to your edit box style.

Then instead of
    add

: Hi,
    :
    : I'm trying to read a textfile and put it's content in an edit box. But the edit box doesn't understand the escape sequence for a new line, '
    '. Instead of a new line some bogus character appears. Some escape sequences work fine, like ' '. What am I doing wrong?
    :
    : Don't know if this is of importance, but I'm using MSVC++ 6.0, MFC and Win XP.
    :
    : Thanks for your help!:-)
    :