Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Please Help: Need help converting Numbers in Assembler

Hello,

I need help with programming on a scenix SX microcontroller using the sx-key software. I am using an input switch for entering each digit of a number up to 255. Another input switch is used as an 'enter' key to store each digit to a variable.

The output will display the equivalent hexadecimal number of the decimal number onto 2 LED's blinking each LED a proper number of times. For example: if i input 173 The output will blink the first LED 10 times and the second LED 13 times. Any suggestions or help of any form is greatly appreciated. THanks.

Larry

Comments

• e0richte0richt Member Posts: 4
    larry,

not sure what you need here
    173 is a decimal if you convert it to hex you get AD
    A = 10 (guess thats why the first led blinks 10)
    D = 13 (guess thats why the second led blinks 13)

I would guess that 255 would convert as follows
    255 = FF
    F = blink LED1 15 times
    F = blink LED2 15 times

Richt

: Hello,
    :
    : I need help with programming on a scenix SX microcontroller using the sx-key software. I am using an input switch for entering each digit of a number up to 255. Another input switch is used as an 'enter' key to store each digit to a variable.
    :
    : The output will display the equivalent hexadecimal number of the decimal number onto 2 LED's blinking each LED a proper number of times. For example: if i input 173 The output will blink the first LED 10 times and the second LED 13 times. Any suggestions or help of any form is greatly appreciated. THanks.
    :
    : Larry
    :
    :
    :