Still Image Compression using Wavelet Transfroms

Hello All,

I am researching how to implement C code for monochrome ession using wavelet transforms

From wghat I can see it involves image transform, and then quantizatio (.e assuming lossy compression)and then using some form of compression coding

Has anybody out there seen or done anything similar ?

I would appreciate any feedback

Thanks
J.A

Comments

• Hi,

Is it code to do with fourier transforms?

:
    : Hello All,
    :
    : I am researching how to implement C code for monochrome ession using wavelet transforms
    :
    : From wghat I can see it involves image transform, and then quantizatio (.e assuming lossy compression)and then using some form of compression coding
    :
    : Has anybody out there seen or done anything similar ?
    :
    : I would appreciate any feedback
    :
    : Thanks
    : J.A
    :

• thanks,

Well yes, it can be done with FFT(Fast Fourier Transforms), DCT (Discrete Cosine Transform), or wavelet transforms. The idea being that the low and high frequencies be filtered, the low freq components being kept and the high freq componebts being discarded
    Later on, it is compressed using a comp algorithm
    This essentially what is required.

again all ideas appreciated
    John,

: Hi,
    :
    : Is it code to do with fourier transforms?
    :
    :
    : :
    : : Hello All,
    : : I am researching how to implement C code for monochrome ession using wavelet transforms
    : : From wghat I can see it involves image transform, and then quantizatio (.e assuming lossy compression)and then using some form of compression coding
    : : Has anybody out there seen or done anything similar ?
    : : I would appreciate any feedback
    : : Thanks
    : : J.A
    :
    :

• Hi, J.A.
    It maybe late to give response, but for [link=http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/vb-net-imaging/thumbnail-creating/][color=Black]image compression[/color][/link] using wavelet transfroms, i also ran into a problem kind of similar with you.
    Could you tell me how you finally solve your problem?
    thank you very much :)