Problem with controls in the window, please help!!!!! - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with controls in the window, please help!!!!!

- My program handles the WM_ERASEBKGND message in the window callback procedure, to paint the background of the window. /It puts out a BMP picture/
- In the WinMain, i also put out a couple controls, like buttons, edit boxes, etc.

The problem:When the controls are drawn to the screen, WM_ERASEBKGND gets called, and erases the controls. Also, when the window is minimized, then restored, the controls are not viewable. What a heck i'm doing wrong?
/I alo tried to filter out the WM_ERASEBKGND messages sent to clear the background of the controls, and in those cases i called the DefWindowProc. In that case initially the controls are viewable, but i still have the same problem upon minimizing-restoreing the window, the controls are erased (not erased, just not painted. If you click on them, they reappear.)/

ps.:So what the heck is responsible for repainting the controls?

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
  • pingpongpingpong Posts: 937Member
    Try adding WS_CLIPCHILDREN in your main window styles.
  • edocecrousedocecrous Posts: 49Member
    It lives, IT LIVES!!!!!
    Thanks, you are the best... ...I was wasting time for 3 days because of this stupid error. It's always like this. I'm writing a 32bit disassembler in assembly, and so on... ...and i sometimes can't find a stupid mistake. When you look at your code the 1000x times, it's hard to find an error you made at line 3. :-)

Thanx again!

ps.:Do you happen to know, how could i get access to a DirectX program's secondary surfaces? /The specific case is, i'd like to take a peek at the game, Diablo's (the first one, writen in DX3) secondary surfaces.