Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Memory Problem

SweetSweet Member Posts: 3
I was hoping someone could assist me with a memory problem I am encountering. I have developed a program using Delphi 5 with a Paradox 7 backend. I have a form that is quite complex that utilises a number of tables, anyway I am finding that if you search for a particular record and print the report and follow this process a number of times the program encounters a memory problem. I know how to free the data when the form is closed, but does anyone know how I can free the data after each report is printed?

Comments

• ZekeZeke Member Posts: 2
    : I was hoping someone could assist me with a memory problem I am encountering. I have developed a program using Delphi 5 with a Paradox 7 backend. I have a form that is quite complex that utilises a number of tables, anyway I am finding that if you search for a particular record and print the report and follow this process a number of times the program encounters a memory problem. I know how to free the data when the form is closed, but does anyone know how I can free the data after each report is printed?
    :
    :

If a memory problem occurs when a specific action is performed a number of times, the thought comes to mind that you might have some sort of memory leak.
    You might want to try memcheck.pas to trace the source line responsible for the leak. You should be able to find it on the internet, if not so let me know, i'll send it to you.
    Also, about freeing data after a report is printed, what is it exactly you are doing. What kind of data are you trying to free and how was it allocated ?