Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How can I trace the page download percent?

wwwdragonwwwdragon Posts: 1Member

Comments

• SouldrinkerSouldrinker Posts: 143Member

huh? :confused:

best regards,

sebastian mohrenstecher
    executive secretary
    net::allies

www.net-allies.de
    info@net-allies.de

• bgibbybgibby Posts: 251Member
    :
    :

Hi there,

I was considering putting this reply inside the subject but I guess I'll consider everyone else reading it!

IE has a READYSTATE feature that tells you whether the page has been loaded correctly.

If it hasn't it says the page is "LOADING".

This is an IE specific feature (I believe) and can only give you the pages state in a few values not the percentage.

If you were to have all your pages hardcoded in JavaScript you could work out the total amount of lines you had to render and as you render the lines, keep a count of how many you have rendered.

Therefore...

percentage_loaded = amount_of_lines_rendered / total_amount_of_lines;

There's a percentage for ya!

HTH
    Bradley q:)