Accessing disk sectors in Delphi? How can I...

I've accidentally formatted a harddisk, but I've looked and the data is still there, just no FAT. How can I access the disk directly in Delphi as the utility programs I use can in order to build a small app which will help me get my data more easily?

spin

Comments

• : I've accidentally formatted a harddisk, but I've looked and the data is still there, just no FAT. How can I access the disk directly in Delphi as the utility programs I use can in order to build a small app which will help me get my data more easily?
    :
    :
    : spin
    :
    :
    :
    :

try looking at older posts in this forum, there was a post about an open source program to repair or something, I can't really remember, anyway, looking at that source should help you a bit. Could try searching this forum for direct disk access, bad sectors, fix, hd, something like that :)
  • : : How can I access the disk directly in Delphi?
    : :
    : : spin
    : :
    : try looking at older posts in this forum, there was a post about an open source program to repair or something, I can't really remember, anyway, looking at that source should help you a bit. Could try searching this forum for direct disk access, bad sectors, fix, hd, something like that :)
    :

Tx

Nothing here that I could see, but there were a fwe things at Torry's, so I can have a look at what they did.

spin