Grid...

Have to program a visual chess game using assembly. Just beginning project, looking for feedback on easiest way to draw the grid and the figures... using normal video interrupts, using graphics mode ? Loading a file with the grid and figures... Plz give me any suggestions.

Comments

• : Have to program a visual chess game using assembly. Just beginning project, looking for feedback on easiest way to draw the grid and the figures... using normal video interrupts, using graphics mode ? Loading a file with the grid and figures... Plz give me any suggestions.
    :
    :
    [blue]You definitely need the figures as a separate images, because you redraw them when they move. The grid however can be one image - oh, wait! depends on a textures - if your grid cells have textures: marble, wood, etc... then to draw an empty cell you need that one texture. You need 2 cells only to draw the whole board.

Cool project!
    Are you doing AI too or it will be person-at-person?[/blue]
  • Take a look at the projects-section from the homepage of my asm-coding-group www.bytegeiz.com.

one of our members had done a simple chess-game in text-mode by replacing some characters from basic ascii code to own bitmaps.it looks cool,but its textmode.and the ai is VERY basic.but its a possible way to do it.