Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Grid...

jackotejackote Member Posts: 1
Have to program a visual chess game using assembly. Just beginning project, looking for feedback on easiest way to draw the grid and the figures... using normal video interrupts, using graphics mode ? Loading a file with the grid and figures... Plz give me any suggestions.

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : Have to program a visual chess game using assembly. Just beginning project, looking for feedback on easiest way to draw the grid and the figures... using normal video interrupts, using graphics mode ? Loading a file with the grid and figures... Plz give me any suggestions.
    :
    :
    [blue]You definitely need the figures as a separate images, because you redraw them when they move. The grid however can be one image - oh, wait! depends on a textures - if your grid cells have textures: marble, wood, etc... then to draw an empty cell you need that one texture. You need 2 cells only to draw the whole board.

Cool project!
    Are you doing AI too or it will be person-at-person?[/blue]
  • CroWCroW Member Posts: 348
    Take a look at the projects-section from the homepage of my asm-coding-group www.bytegeiz.com.

one of our members had done a simple chess-game in text-mode by replacing some characters from basic ascii code to own bitmaps.it looks cool,but its textmode.and the ai is VERY basic.but its a possible way to do it.
  • Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

__ // http://forcoder.org // free video tutorials and ebooks about // C++, C, Delphi, Go, Visual Basic .NET, Scratch, PHP, Visual Basic, MATLAB, Java, PL/SQL, Perl, Swift, JavaScript, Assembly, Ruby, R, Objective-C, C#, Python D, Julia, Kotlin, Clojure, F#, Prolog, Crystal, Alice, COBOL, SAS, Lisp, Hack, Logo, Bash, ABAP, Erlang, FoxPro, Ada, Lua, Dart, Rust, ML, Fortran, Scala, Apex, Scheme, Awk, VBScript, LabVIEW, Transact-SQL // ____________