Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Why answer questions?

paulj59paulj59 Member Posts: 420
I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Member Posts: 2,900
    : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.

I do it because sometimes I need the help myself and I feel that people are more likely to help me if I've helped them in the past.
  • lionblionb Member Posts: 1,688 ✭✭
    : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    :
    I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
  • DarQDarQ Member Posts: 1,625
    Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.

: : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : :
    : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    :

[HR]
    Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    [HR]

[GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]

• KayDeeKayDee Member Posts: 111
    I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.

: Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    :
    :
    : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : :
    : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    :
    : [HR]
    : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    :
    : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :

yes, its the best way to learn new things. But make sure that you start the project because my PHP project was not initiated by me but some previous coder andd he left a huge mess. You know, uncommented and undocumented stuff.. with deprecated pieces of coded everywhere.. That sucks

: I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    : Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    : sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.
    :
    :
    : : Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    : : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : : :
    : : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    : : [HR]
    : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :
    :
    :

[HR]
    [HR]

Yuck, that sucks...I'll keep that in mind :)

: yes, its the best way to learn new things. But make sure that you start the project because my PHP project was not initiated by me but some previous coder andd he left a huge mess. You know, uncommented and undocumented stuff.. with deprecated pieces of coded everywhere.. That sucks
    :
    : : I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    : : Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    : : sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.
    : : : Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    : : : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : : : :
    : : : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    : : : [HR]
    : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :
    :
    :

Im lucky that i could work on my essay overhere. I didnt code PHP for over 2 weeks!! Hahshaha, i just went to school to hand it over to some teacher. Damn walking..

: Yuck, that sucks...I'll keep that in mind :)
    :
    : : yes, its the best way to learn new things. But make sure that you start the project because my PHP project was not initiated by me but some previous coder andd he left a huge mess. You know, uncommented and undocumented stuff.. with deprecated pieces of coded everywhere.. That sucks
    : : : I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    : : : Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    : : : sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.
    : : : : Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    : : : : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    : : : : [HR]
    : : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :
    :
    :

[HR]
    [HR]

You poor lazy bastard :P

: Im lucky that i could work on my essay overhere. I didnt code PHP for over 2 weeks!! Hahshaha, i just went to school to hand it over to some teacher. Damn walking..
    :
    :
    : : Yuck, that sucks...I'll keep that in mind :)
    : : : yes, its the best way to learn new things. But make sure that you start the project because my PHP project was not initiated by me but some previous coder andd he left a huge mess. You know, uncommented and undocumented stuff.. with deprecated pieces of coded everywhere.. That sucks
    : : : : I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    : : : : Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    : : : : sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.
    : : : : : Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    : : : : : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : : : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : : : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : : : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :
    :
    :

I am very lazy. In everything... But now i can continue with PHP coding.

: You poor lazy bastard :P
    :
    : : Im lucky that i could work on my essay overhere. I didnt code PHP for over 2 weeks!! Hahshaha, i just went to school to hand it over to some teacher. Damn walking..
    : : : Yuck, that sucks...I'll keep that in mind :)
    : : : : yes, its the best way to learn new things. But make sure that you start the project because my PHP project was not initiated by me but some previous coder andd he left a huge mess. You know, uncommented and undocumented stuff.. with deprecated pieces of coded everywhere.. That sucks
    : : : : : I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    : : : : : Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    : : : : : sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.
    : : : : : : Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    : : : : : : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : : : : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : : : : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : : : : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    : : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    : : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :
    :
    :

[HR]
    [HR]

Which is good I suppose, me I wish I could go home now!
    : I am very lazy. In everything... But now i can continue with PHP coding.
    :
    : : You poor lazy bastard :P
    : : : Im lucky that i could work on my essay overhere. I didnt code PHP for over 2 weeks!! Hahshaha, i just went to school to hand it over to some teacher. Damn walking..
    : : : : Yuck, that sucks...I'll keep that in mind :)
    : : : : : yes, its the best way to learn new things. But make sure that you start the project because my PHP project was not initiated by me but some previous coder andd he left a huge mess. You know, uncommented and undocumented stuff.. with deprecated pieces of coded everywhere.. That sucks
    : : : : : : I'd definately answer more questions if I wasn't a bern00b ;)
    : : : : : : Mainly because I learn more from helping others than I would if I just
    : : : : : : sit and read it without a obvious reason. Learning through doing it and all that stuff.
    : : : : : : : Indeed, but i hate answering to some things. I dont want to think too much and especially not coding shit at all! I rather answer question that are related to my 10 years of experience. I prefer to teach people how to program instead of how to use a microshit function or DLL.
    : : : : : : : : : I answered a guys question, and then he sends me an email directly asking if he can phone me up and talk him through some coding.
    : : : : : : : : : I started to reply to him that I don't mind answering a question on a message board because...
    : : : : : : : : : But then I couldn't figure out why I answer questions on message boards lol
    : : : : : : : : : I'd like to hear some other peoples reasons.
    : : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : : I like, may be it sounds strange, to help people. It always returns back.
    : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    : : : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]