Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

.NET installation

katch99katch99 Posts: 1Member
I had to install .Net for a VB class. It was working fine till sp1 intall. Then I couldn't access help menu. Teacher/Help desk said to uninstall and reinstall. When uninstall, .Net takes some of the OS share files with it. System is clean and back together now, but I'm afraid to reinstall (teacher recommendation) as the first problem was never really solved. I called Dell (they weren't sure), called Microsoft ($200 Visa or MasterCard). Any suggestions?

Any ideas are great!
-Kim

Comments

• DrDaveDrDave Posts: 2Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by DrDave at 2003-1-2 19:30:41[/red][/b][hr]
    : I had to install .Net for a VB class. It was working fine till sp1 intall. Then I couldn't access help menu. Teacher/Help desk said to uninstall and reinstall. When uninstall, .Net takes some of the OS share files with it. System is clean and back together now, but I'm afraid to reinstall (teacher recommendation) as the first problem was never really solved. I called Dell (they weren't sure), called Microsoft ($200 Visa or MasterCard). Any suggestions?
    :
    : Any ideas are great!
    : -Kim
    :
    befor installing it you should go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com and get the lattest, then try installing vs again, if it doesnt like sp1 theres an updater built into vs that should do it by itself.. i think...

Hope this helps

PeAcE
    DrDave