hey infidel.. your first project

http://www.smartcart.com/1sew/cgi/searchindex.cgi

you can buy the instructions from this site. once you get your xmas present. ;-)

actually, i think dutch people, liketo wear clothes like this.

Comments

• huh??

: http://www.smartcart.com/1sew/cgi/searchindex.cgi
    :
    : you can buy the instructions from this site. once you get your xmas present. ;-)
    :
    : actually, i think dutch people, liketo wear clothes like this.
    :

[HR]
    Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    [HR]

[GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]

• sewing. its a sewing webite.

: huh??
    :
    :
    : : http://www.smartcart.com/1sew/cgi/searchindex.cgi
    : :
    : : you can buy the instructions from this site. once you get your xmas present. ;-)
    : : actually, i think dutch people, liketo wear clothes like this.
    :
    : [HR]
    : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    :
    : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :

• [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-10-29 10:52:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : http://www.smartcart.com/1sew/cgi/searchindex.cgi
    :
    : you can buy the instructions from this site. once you get your xmas present. ;-)
    :
    : actually, i think dutch people, liketo wear clothes like this.
    :
    Leeos,

How much time did you spend looking for that site? Why did look for site like that?

• : : http://www.smartcart.com/1sew/cgi/searchindex.cgi
    : : you can buy the instructions from this site. once you get your xmas present. ;-)
    : : actually, i think dutch people, liketo wear clothes like this.
    : How much time did you spend looking for that site? Why did look for site like that?

haha. i spent a minute or so. i looked for it because i am bored. what else can i search for?

• y r u bored?

: : : http://www.smartcart.com/1sew/cgi/searchindex.cgi
    : : :
    : : : you can buy the instructions from this site. once you get your xmas present. ;-)
    : : : actually, i think dutch people, liketo wear clothes like this.
    : : How much time did you spend looking for that site? Why did look for site like that?
    :
    : haha. i spent a minute or so. i looked for it because i am bored. what else can i search for?
    :
    :

[HR]
    Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    [HR]

[GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]

• Because I have completed all tasks that I can ( even the boring ones ) I am waiting for someone else to give me some info before the last boring task can be completed. That person is a customer.. So I have nothing to do until then.

I would rather be doing some good work though.

: y r u bored?
    :
    : : : : http://www.smartcart.com/1sew/cgi/searchindex.cgi
    : : : :
    : : : : you can buy the instructions from this site. once you get your xmas present. ;-)
    : : : : actually, i think dutch people, liketo wear clothes like this.
    : : : How much time did you spend looking for that site? Why did look for site like that?
    : : haha. i spent a minute or so. i looked for it because i am bored. what else can i search for?
    :
    : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    :
    : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :

• :
    : Because I have completed all tasks that I can ( even the boring ones ) I am waiting for someone else to give me some info before the last boring task can be completed. That person is a customer.. So I have nothing to do until then.
    :
    : I would rather be doing some good work though.
    :
    So help Jazmine123 to fix her project
  • : :
    : : Because I have completed all tasks that I can ( even the boring ones ) I am waiting for someone else to give me some info before the last boring task can be completed. That person is a customer.. So I have nothing to do until then.
    : : I would rather be doing some good work though.
    : So help Jazmine123 to fix her project

How to put text into a picture box? 45 mins to go anyway.

• :
    : Because I have completed all tasks that I can ( even the boring ones ) I am waiting for someone else to give me some info before the last boring task can be completed. That person is a customer.. So I have nothing to do until then.

You could write me an RTF2XML converter.

: I would rather be doing some good work though.

Oh, nevermind.
  • [b][red]This message was edited by Moderator at 2002-10-29 11:48:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Because I have completed all tasks that I can ( even the boring ones ) I am waiting for someone else to give me some info before the last boring task can be completed. That person is a customer.. So I have nothing to do until then.
    :
    : You could write me an RTF2XML converter.
    :
    : : I would rather be doing some good work though.
    :
    : Oh, nevermind.

That would be interesting. Ive started throwing out recordsets to XML.

How far did you get? going home soon.

"Oh, nevermind." - by the way, what did you mean by that? You think it is beyond me? > you should never underestimate anyone!!

• : : You could write me an RTF2XML converter.
    : : : I would rather be doing some good work though.
    : : Oh, nevermind.
    :
    : That would be interesting. Ive started throwing out recordsets to XML.
    :
    : How far did you get? going home soon.
    :
    : "Oh, nevermind." - by the way, what did you mean by that? You think it is beyond me? > you should never underestimate anyone!!

I meant that working with RTF would not be "good work".

I've gotten to where I can parse a file easily, including pushing and popping the state stack, and extracting control words and their parameters. I have a few problems dealing out output right now since I'm not actually changing the state based on the control words. My output ends up containing the actual text of the document plus the font names since the font names are not part of a control word or parameter. I have to figure out how to keep all of the font table information in memory rather than just outputting it.

I've tried a different approach today which is much easier, but still leaves me stuck at the same place as previous attempts. It uses the Word object model to open the RTF file, then I iterate through the Paragraphs and Ranges and Words wrapping each word with BOLD or ITALIC XML tags as needed. I get well-formed XML, but I end up with each and every word marked up that has any formatting at all. And it only handles bold and italics so far. There are tons of other structures to deal with. Furthermore, RTF is state-based and has no concept of "well-formedness" like XML, so for example you could have:

[code]
    Hello World! i Isn't it0 a lovely day?i0
    [/code]

This line would roughly correspond in HTML/XML to:

Hello World! Isn't it a lovely day?

... which of course is not valid because the tags are not nested properly. So that is my dilemma. In order to get well-formed XML, I almost have to mark up every character, which is ridiculous. I know it would be possible to use a stack structure to keep track of the XML structure so I could end up with something like this:

Hello World! Isn't it a lovely day?

... which is well formed and uses a minimal number of tags. The problem is getting the logic right to push and pop a stack of XML tags correctly so that any given character has the properties appropriate to the RTF state, while remaining well-formed.

I figure if I can get a working program/class/module/function/whatever that correctly handles just bold and italics, then I could extend it to cover other formatting instructions later.
  • : : : You could write me an RTF2XML converter.
    :
    I was seaching Google for XML and saw phrase like
    "Add code to the Save XML button to write your XML Data file from the
    rich text box control to your XML data file".I did not have time to take a look at the link itself but may be you'll find something usefull for you.
    http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/~km/CSharp/Exercises/Week3/
  • : : : : You could write me an RTF2XML converter.
    : I was seaching Google for XML and saw phrase like
    : "Add code to the Save XML button to write your XML Data file from the
    : rich text box control to your XML data file".I did not have time to take a look at the link itself but may be you'll find something usefull for you.
    : http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/~km/CSharp/Exercises/Week3/

I replied to this in your email too. I checked it out but the code uses CSharp objects. Thanks anyways.
  • : : : You could write me an RTF2XML converter.
    : : : : I would rather be doing some good work though.
    : : : Oh, nevermind.
    : : That would be interesting. Ive started throwing out recordsets to XML.
    : : How far did you get? going home soon.
    : : "Oh, nevermind." - by the way, what did you mean by that? You think it is beyond me? > you should never underestimate anyone!!
    :
    : I meant that working with RTF would not be "good work".
    :
    : I've gotten to where I can parse a file easily, including pushing and popping the state stack, and extracting control words and their parameters. I have a few problems dealing out output right now since I'm not actually changing the state based on the control words. My output ends up containing the actual text of the document plus the font names since the font names are not part of a control word or parameter. I have to figure out how to keep all of the font table information in memory rather than just outputting it.
    :
    : I've tried a different approach today which is much easier, but still leaves me stuck at the same place as previous attempts. It uses the Word object model to open the RTF file, then I iterate through the Paragraphs and Ranges and Words wrapping each word with BOLD or ITALIC XML tags as needed. I get well-formed XML, but I end up with each and every word marked up that has any formatting at all. And it only handles bold and italics so far. There are tons of other structures to deal with. Furthermore, RTF is state-based and has no concept of "well-formedness" like XML, so for example you could have:
    :
    : [code]
    : Hello World! i Isn't it0 a lovely day?i0
    : [/code]
    :
    : This line would roughly correspond in HTML/XML to:
    :
    : Hello World! Isn't it a lovely day?
    :
    : ... which of course is not valid because the tags are not nested properly. So that is my dilemma. In order to get well-formed XML, I almost have to mark up every character, which is ridiculous. I know it would be possible to use a stack structure to keep track of the XML structure so I could end up with something like this:
    :
    : Hello World! Isn't it a lovely day?
    :
    : ... which is well formed and uses a minimal number of tags. The problem is getting the logic right to push and pop a stack of XML tags correctly so that any given character has the properties appropriate to the RTF state, while remaining well-formed.
    :
    : I figure if I can get a working program/class/module/function/whatever that correctly handles just bold and italics, then I could extend it to cover other formatting instructions later.

Sorry, If I sounded a bit angry. Bad day yesterday. Infact bad week. Got a cold too [ violins playing]. Also getting paged last night with some problem which does not relate to me .. increased anger 10 fold.