Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Can I install windows on linux using wine

TomCollinsTomCollins Member Posts: 22
I am wanting to know that if i allready have linux installed can i use wine to install windows? on linux? I know u can do something like this but im not sure quite how!!

Ok I have win 95 full <-yeah i know but thats all whut i could find because the rest of whut i have are just update disks

Is this posible and how!
I have just used win4lin the netraverse software on the evaluation and it was great but i dont have enough mony to buy it so i need to make wine work!!!

If u can help or can post a link to i site with tutorials then that would be great!

Comments

• qwantqwant Member Posts: 1
    : I am wanting to know that if i allready have linux installed can i use wine to install windows? on linux? I know u can do something like this but im not sure quite how!!
    :
    Wine is something else, then Win4Lin. Wine tries to emulate all windows libraries, thus it should not need windows. But for some reasons (especially the compatibility and fact, that MS changes its specifications frequently) it need the windows directory. So what you should do, is simply install wine (from rpm, or source - but as I feel you're quite new in this matter), and try to run it something like that:
    kwant@witek: wine
    /mnt/win98 is mount point for windows partition.
    And take a look into ~/.wine/ directory. There are config files, which you will edit to specify the windows partition (you must have an windows installed), from which it takes the .dll, .ocx, .pwd and .dat files.
    If you need more help, give me your e-mail and I'll send you my confs.
    : Ok I have win 95 full <-yeah i know but thats all whut i could find because the rest of whut i have are just update disks
    :
    : Is this posible and how!
    : I have just used win4lin the netraverse software on the evaluation and it was great but i dont have enough mony to buy it so i need to make wine work!!!
    :
    : If u can help or can post a link to i site with tutorials then that would be great!
    :

page with tutorials... www.winehq.org maybe.. try to download the source package, and look inside this large archive.

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_ [ http://forcoder.org ] free ebooks and video tutorials about / Go, Visual Basic, MATLAB, PL/SQL, C++, Python, C#, PHP, R, Swift, Assembly, Delphi, C, Objective-C, Ruby, JavaScript, Java, Perl, Visual Basic .NET, Scratch Logo, Clojure, FoxPro, Kotlin, LabVIEW, Awk, Lisp, ABAP, F#, D, Bash, Ada, Scheme, Apex, VBScript, Crystal, ML, Fortran, Hack, Alice, SAS, Scala, Rust, Lua, Erlang, COBOL, Dart, Transact-SQL, Prolog, Julia / __