Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

My application wants to print.

MihailVDMihailVD Member Posts: 91
Hey'ya all.

Does anybody have an idea how can I print a document from my VB app?
For example if I have a picturebox with a picture on it how can I start the printbox and print the content of the picturebox?
Do I have to use any special libraries and where can I find them?
Mihail Dimitrov

Comments

• Hadji_13Hadji_13 Member Posts: 274
    : Hey'ya all.
    :
    : Does anybody have an idea how can I print a document from my VB app?
    : For example if I have a picturebox with a picture on it how can I start the printbox and print the content of the picturebox?
    : Do I have to use any special libraries and where can I find them?
    : Mihail Dimitrov
    :

Form.PrintForm

Might work, oes straight to the printer I thimk, doesn't bother with the print box if I remember correctly.

Hadji
    ----------------------------------------------------
    The solution to the problem changes the problem

• lionblionb Member Posts: 1,688 ✭✭
    : Hey'ya all.
    :
    : Does anybody have an idea how can I print a document from my VB app?
    : For example if I have a picturebox with a picture on it how can I start the printbox and print the content of the picturebox?
    : Do I have to use any special libraries and where can I find them?
    :
    I think, but I am not sure, you can use Printer object. Check MSDN for Printer object.
  • h4xx0rh4xx0r Member Posts: 43
    : : Hey'ya all.
    : :
    : : Does anybody have an idea how can I print a document from my VB app?
    : : For example if I have a picturebox with a picture on it how can I start the printbox and print the content of the picturebox?
    : : Do I have to use any special libraries and where can I find them?
    : : Mihail Dimitrov
    : :
    : I think, but I am not sure, you can use Printer object. Check MSDN for Printer object.
    :

I agree with the first poster, you would have to do that, because with the box, I have no idea how to set it up, and tell it to print your form. You may be able to do 'picture1.print' or something if you only want the pic, but thats completely out of memory I haven't tested it.
  • MihailVDMihailVD Member Posts: 91
    Form.PrintForm starts the printer queue list but does not print :(
    The list is empty and it quits one second from the moment it starts.
    ---------------
    Mihail Dimitrov

• lionblionb Member Posts: 1,688 ✭✭
    : Form.PrintForm starts the printer queue list but does not print :(
    : The list is empty and it quits one second from the moment it starts.
    : ---------------
    : ICQ : 110064098
    :
    :
    There is guy name Genjuro on this board. He is very good in such subject. I do remeber, he's gave somebody advise about printing puicture recently. Send him email through this board with question.
  • Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

____ [ http://forcoder.org ] free video tutorials and ebooks about || Delphi Swift R Go Scratch MATLAB C++ Java C# Visual Basic .NET Python PHP Objective-C Ruby Visual Basic JavaScript Assembly Perl C PL/SQL SAS Kotlin Clojure Fortran Crystal LabVIEW ABAP Awk COBOL FoxPro Prolog Logo ML Rust Julia VBScript Transact-SQL Ada Alice Scheme Hack Lisp Apex Scala F# Bash Lua D Dart Erlang || ____