Runtime errors while running exe from server

I have an application that is run by many computers, but the exe that is run is located on the server. So, all of the computers should be running the exact same exe. On one computer, when trying to do something, the user gets a runtime 91 error (object variable not set). However, when this exact same action is taken on any other computer, it works fine.
I checked to make sure that the shortcut paths are the same on that computer as the others, and they are. So why would I only be getting this error on the one computer when they are all running the exact same exe????
Looking through the code, I couldn't find anywhere in there that would produce such an error either. Any ideas???

Comments

• : I have an application that is run by many computers, but the exe that is run is located on the server. So, all of the computers should be running the exact same exe. On one computer, when trying to do something, the user gets a runtime 91 error (object variable not set). However, when this exact same action is taken on any other computer, it works fine.
    : I checked to make sure that the shortcut paths are the same on that computer as the others, and they are. So why would I only be getting this error on the one computer when they are all running the exact same exe????
    : Looking through the code, I couldn't find anywhere in there that would produce such an error either. Any ideas???
    :

[blue]
    This is also our 'standard' method of deploying programs. (At least in the [italic] old [/italic] fat-client programming model).

The client machine is missing some component.
    You need to remember that althought the exe [italic] lives [/italic] on the server it [italic] runs [/italic] on the desktop. I've gotten this error or related ones (error 429, error 430) many times - it's always some missing or incorrect support file (dll, ocx, database driver, etc.).

This is the reason any of our new development is ASP.NET - everyone should have a browser and there are no issues of this type. (Now if only MicroSquash can fix the problems with the server controls in ASP.NET...)

Good luck - these can be a pain to figure out.

[italic]"It's DLL hell...[/italic]

jim b

[/blue]

• : : I have an application that is run by many computers, but the exe that is run is located on the server. So, all of the computers should be running the exact same exe. On one computer, when trying to do something, the user gets a runtime 91 error (object variable not set). However, when this exact same action is taken on any other computer, it works fine.
    : : I checked to make sure that the shortcut paths are the same on that computer as the others, and they are. So why would I only be getting this error on the one computer when they are all running the exact same exe????
    : : Looking through the code, I couldn't find anywhere in there that would produce such an error either. Any ideas???
    : :
    :
    : [blue]
    : This is also our 'standard' method of deploying programs. (At least in the [italic] old [/italic] fat-client programming model).
    :
    : The client machine is missing some component.
    : You need to remember that althought the exe [italic] lives [/italic] on the server it [italic] runs [/italic] on the desktop. I've gotten this error or related ones (error 429, error 430) many times - it's always some missing or incorrect support file (dll, ocx, database driver, etc.).
    :
    : This is the reason any of our new development is ASP.NET - everyone should have a browser and there are no issues of this type. (Now if only MicroSquash can fix the problems with the server controls in ASP.NET...)
    :
    : Good luck - these can be a pain to figure out.
    :
    :
    : [italic]"It's DLL hell...[/italic]
    :
    : jim b
    :
    : [/blue]
    :
    Do you have any suggestions on how to find out which dll's are missing on the client computer and how do I then go about installing those?

Thanks
    :