Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Printing a screen via Visual Basic

wgreenwgreen Member Posts: 4
I have been a cobol programmer for 35+ years. I am currently teaching myself Visual Basic .NET. I started with creating windows forms and have created screens, accessed excel spread sheets, accepted input data and done calculations based on all the above. I am at the point where I want to produce an image of the screen/active window on my printer and have not been able to find any documentation that explaines to me how to accomplish a simple screen print. I have several mastering, microsoft press etc Visual basic books but no screen print example.

Any assisstance would be appreciated.

Bill

Comments

• robert2504robert2504 Member Posts: 3
    Bill,

I do not have Visual Basic.Net but here is what I do with Visual Basic 6. I just use: PrintForm.

1. Create a Command Button
    2. Double Click it and enter the PrinForm Command like this:

Private Sub cmdPrintForm_Click()
    'Print a Screen Shot of the Form
    PrintForm
    End Sub

If you want to hide anything on the form just use the visible = False properties

Hope this helps.

Robert Hernandez
    http://www.rgvwebs.com
    robert2504@msn.com

: I have been a cobol programmer for 35+ years. I am currently teaching myself Visual Basic .NET. I started with creating windows forms and have created screens, accessed excel spread sheets, accepted input data and done calculations based on all the above. I am at the point where I want to produce an image of the screen/active window on my printer and have not been able to find any documentation that explaines to me how to accomplish a simple screen print. I have several mastering, microsoft press etc Visual basic books but no screen print example.
    :
    : Any assisstance would be appreciated.
    :
    : Bill
    :

• wgreenwgreen Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info. Visual Basic .NET has changed a lot of Visual basic 6.0 commands. But this gives me a point to start. I'll give it a try this afternoon.

Again Thanks for the reply.
    Bill

: Bill,
    :
    : I do not have Visual Basic.Net but here is what I do with Visual Basic 6. I just use: PrintForm.
    :
    : 1. Create a Command Button
    : 2. Double Click it and enter the PrinForm Command like this:
    :
    : Private Sub cmdPrintForm_Click()
    : 'Print a Screen Shot of the Form
    : PrintForm
    : End Sub
    :
    : If you want to hide anything on the form just use the visible = False properties
    :
    : Hope this helps.
    :
    : Robert Hernandez
    : http://www.rgvwebs.com
    : robert2504@msn.com
    :
    :
    :
    : : I have been a cobol programmer for 35+ years. I am currently teaching myself Visual Basic .NET. I started with creating windows forms and have created screens, accessed excel spread sheets, accepted input data and done calculations based on all the above. I am at the point where I want to produce an image of the screen/active window on my printer and have not been able to find any documentation that explaines to me how to accomplish a simple screen print. I have several mastering, microsoft press etc Visual basic books but no screen print example.
    : :
    : : Any assisstance would be appreciated.
    : : Bill
    :
    :
    :
    :

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

__ / http://forcoder.org / free ebooks and video tutorials about || C++ Go Swift Visual Basic .NET Python Objective-C Scratch Ruby PL/SQL JavaScript R MATLAB PHP Perl Assembly C# C Visual Basic Java Delphi Lua Clojure F# Alice Prolog Julia COBOL Scala Fortran Logo Dart Ada Rust Hack SAS Apex VBScript Erlang Lisp Crystal FoxPro Scheme Transact-SQL Bash ML LabVIEW Awk Kotlin ABAP D || ______________